Additional Cross-Fleeting coming in April 2012

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by SFOtoORD, Nov 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. SFOtoORD

SFOtoORD Silver Member

Status Points:
    I hadn't seen this posted here, but it looks like UACO has loaded pretty extensive cross-fleeting in the April schedule. If you can sift through it, some of it is hinted in this thread:

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/5314616/

You can also see some of this on co.com and united.com. I'm curious about people's reactions.

For me, I will probably just factor equipment into my buying decisions. If its a route where I think I'll clear an upgrade I'd probably be willing to book the CO equipment...at least until E+ starts showing up on more planes.

On the flip side I'm somewhat hopeful that all of these PMCO narrowbodies will help shore up some PMUA routes that had become overly reliant on RJs. For example, I'm happy to see some PMCO equipment showing up on SFO-SEA in April.

And then finally, there is the obviousness factor...which is that this was always going to happen as part of a merger so it is what it is.

You thoughts?

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  2. genemk2

genemk2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Copied this from the other forum. CO is picking up the following:

- DEN-BWI
    - DEN-LGA (2)
    - DEN-PHX (2)
    - IAD-SEA
    - LAX-BOS
    - LAX-BWI
    - ORD-DCA (2)
    - ORD-LAX (2)
    - ORD-SEA
    - ORD-SNA (2)
    - SFO-BOS (3)
    - SFO-DEN (2)
    - SFO-LAX (2)
    - SFO-SEA (2)

I agree that unless I'm sure I'm going to clear a UDU, I'm not going to fly CO aircraft. Does anyone know if the exit row seats on CO (e.g. 21A) have the same amount of legroom as on UA?

3. 2wheels

2wheels Silver Member

Status Points:
    Briefly, it looks like cuts to CLE, additions to DEN and SFO, and additional transcons from just about everywhere

4. ssullivan
    Original Member

ssullivan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, if not more. The exit rows on CO's 757s are identical to those on UA; the exit rows on the 738 and 739 fleets have as much room (maybe even a little more) than those on the 320s. The planes to watch out for are the 735 and 73G, which only have additional leg room in 21A and 21F.

My experience of the last decade or so has been that it's not that difficult to grab a good exit row seat on CO when booking the ticket, and, since you can see the seat map before you buy, you can certainly figure out if you can have an exit row seat or not before making a purchase, regardless of whether or not you end up on an aircraft with E+.

genemk2 likes this.
  5. genemk2

genemk2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Great, if that's the case, then I don't mind flying CO -- it'll be the same seat experience if I'm in those exit rows.

6. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    CO has picked some of the ORD-SNA-ORD route as well.

7. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Personally...I see this as an improvement over the A319/A320 cabins they usually put on these routes as CO has more F seats but of course the lack of E+ at the time might be a factor...

Lufthansa Flyer likes this.
  8. SFOtoORD

SFOtoORD Silver Member

Status Points:
    Definitely a route that could use a little more premium cabin space and more frequent flights.

avflyer and Lufthansa Flyer like this.
  9. NDFAN 2

NDFAN 2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Besides the CO 767 that has E+ now, has the order of what CO planes to get E+ been releases? Are 757 getting E+ before 737s etc?

avflyer likes this.
  10. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think it is too soon to draw those conclusions - this shows changes to CO flying. There needs to be a similar analysis of UA flying. I suspect that there will be some UA drops to compensate for the CO increases. Smisek has said that domestic flying will be flat.
    That has not been my experience. I experience CO seat maps with all the ELR seats gone. Sadly I just booked one. I'm hoping that either I get an UG or that someone in an ELR seat will get an UG.

11. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Given that I don't have status with anyone else, and since I need to accumulate PQMs, this won't keep me from booking UACO.

My first such flight is coming up soon (though I think I'll clear UDU as it's LAS-SFO). For the moment I have exit row.

12. 2wheels

2wheels Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree, if we were looking at the whole picture. I was just looking changes to CO flights, and that's what I saw after 2 minutes of looking over the list that was linked.

13. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nothing announced that I'm aware of.

14. SFOtoORD

SFOtoORD Silver Member

Status Points:
  15. Golfingboy
    Original Member

Golfingboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I read and it said 737s and 757s are the first group along with the 764s that will get E+. I am not sure if that information is current, but we will see soon enough when they start converting the planes.