Additional Credit Card Bonus - When Do I get them?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by Traveling Momma, Feb 25, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Traveling Momma

Traveling Momma Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone know how the additional bonuses work for the cards like the following

For the Advantage Citi Visa's - $150 Statement Credit.2 Admirals Club® One-Day Passes.
    For the Barclays US Airways - Two companion tickets every year, One complimentary US Airways Club® day pass

Was I supposed to get these with my cards in the mail?

Thanks. Blue.

2. wrxmom

wrxmom Gold Member

Status Points:
    The US Airways companion certificates come in an @ 8 1/2 x 4 envelope with the words "Enclosed are your companion certificates." I don't recall the exact date I received the envelope.

3. malikguy

malikguy Silver Member

Status Points:
    It takes about 3 weeks for US Air after you receive your card. With Citi, it takes about a month and a half. You will receive all of this separately from your cards.

PHLFlyer and Cdnblue like this.
  4. Traveling Momma

Status Points:
    Got them today. Now I have to figure out how to use them.....

5. Traveling Momma

Status Points:
    Booked ORD to PHX to FAT return in June for a trip with my husband and child to Yosemite. All 3 tickets for a total cost of $936.86. Not too bad considering tkts going for $500/each.

I'd like to use my US Airways Club Day Pass too but don't think I haven enough at the airport for this given the early, early morning flight. Maybe I'll save it....

6. thepointstraveler

thepointstraveler Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got my US air companion tix and louge passes w/in a couple weeks but it has now been 3 months and I have not received the Admirals club passes for my acct nor my wifes acct. I keep calling and they say they are "opening a ticket" to get it figured out and that I should wait a week. Each time I get told the same thing... Just called a couple days ago and was told they were sent back on Feb 4th but they will research why I didnt' receive them.. Atleast the miles have posted correctly!

7. Traveling Momma

Status Points:
    Same with me. I received my two AA cards back in Feb. and have no passes and no $150 statement credit. I'm going to wait one more billing cycle and then do the same as you and open a ticket. Thanks for reminding me!

8. thepointstraveler

Status Points:
    When did you make the purchases w/ AA for the statement credits? They usually show up on the next statement after a purchase with AA, but sometimes that also involves a call and talking to a supervisor/manager. I had to call last year on an AA card and the manager immediatly posted the credit.

9. Traveling Momma

Status Points:
    Oh, they're supposed to be mailing after the first purchase? Well then, I'm gong to call right away. I made the purchase back on Feb 16th. Sheesh.

10. thepointstraveler

Status Points:
    Just wanted to make sure we are on the same page here.

To clarrify, in order to get the statement credit you have to make a qualifying purchase for American Airlines not just any purchase at any store. There are two versions of the offer. 1 gives a flat $150 credit after you buy spend any amount through American Airlines (tickets, inflight purchase, etc.) 2 gives a statement credit dollar for dollar UPTO $150 when charge an AA purchase ie. if you spend $50 with AA you would get $50, spend $101 you get $101.

The credit applies directly to your statement

11. Traveling Momma

Status Points:
    Got it! I have the first offer. I have to figure out how to make the qualified AA purchase to get the $150.

Does anyone have any creative ideas outside of being on an AA flight?

12. thepointstraveler

Status Points:

Buy an AA gift card from AA.com, although the offer doesn't list this as a qualified purchase I know a couple people who got the credit for doing this. Also there are several flyertalk reports of this working.

I got the credit a year or so ago for paying the taxes/fees on an award flight with my previous card.

Cdnblue likes this.
  13. Traveling Momma

Status Points:
    Just did. I'll share with the group my sucess in getting the $150 statement credit for the $50.00 spend (including fees). then, I'll use the gift card for taxes and fees on my first big redemption in December 2013! Hoping to make it to Ecuador, Galapagos, Amazon and back for 3 people first class from ORD.

thepointstraveler likes this.
  14. Traveling Momma

Status Points:
    Are you still waiting for yours? I am. When I called more than 2 weeks ago the agent told me he "would expedite" these out to me. Two weeks later they're still not here. I called in a moment ago and was told it takes a full 10 weeks from the date the card was opened. And, there is no way to expedite the Admirals Passes. She suggested I wait another two weeks and if not received then to call back. Me thinks they no wanna give these out :confused:

15. thepointstraveler

Status Points:
    I finally got a response to the "ticket" that was opened to research the issue and the response said that they would be sent 12 weeks after the offer requirements were met... Umm... Hello!!! The requirement was to get the card... And that was 4 months ago!! Somebody over there does not know what they are doing! I still need to call back in and get it figured out!

Cdnblue likes this.
  16. Traveling Momma

Status Points:
    Got my $150 Statement credit after buying the $50 gift card. I'll use the gift card on my next redemption to pay the taxes. Now that I know it works, I'm off to buy the $50 card on my husbands card too!

Thanks www.ThePointsTraveler.com for your recommendation.

thepointstraveler likes this.
  17. thepointstraveler

Status Points:

My Admirals Club passes just showed up yesterday. It had nothing to do with my calling them though. I know that because my wife's showed up yesterday as well and we have never called in on her account to ask about them. So I would expect it would be another month for yours. Got our credit cards 1/4/13 and received passes on 4/26/13. If the same time frame applies and I think you said you got your credit cards 2/7/13 then I would expect it to be about 5/29/13 when your passes show up.

18. thepointstraveler

Status Points:
    Glad it worked out for you!

Cdnblue likes this.
  19. Traveling Momma

Status Points:
    I received my admirals passes yesterday too! We're still waiting for my husbands's passes. The expiry is dec 31st though.

Sent from my iPad using milepoint