Adding an Authorized User for Manufactured Spend?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by Explore, May 9, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Explore
    Original Member

Explore Silver Member

Status Points:
    So I got my wife to do her first "App-o-rama." But she's not willing/able to meet the minimum spend requirements on a couple of cards, and for that she'll need me. Can anyone see an issue if I'm added as an authorized user and do most if not all of the spend? Slow-paced manufactured spend, that is, not over $2.5K per card per month. Keep in mind I've had many of the same cards myself, though I've closed one of them and don't yet have the other.

Thanks.....

2. ijnk

ijnk Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't know of any case where simply being an authorized user of a card has any affect on that persons accounts or applications.

3. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    Your new card may have a slight effect on your credit score -- it will fluctuate based on the increased balance / credit utilization. I also had an interesting experience with Chase once, when an analyst refused to open a new account because I had "too many cards in total" (both as primary and authorized user). But usually the effects of one extra card are minimal to nil.

4. Ed Chandler
    Original Member

Ed Chandler Silver Member

Status Points:
    Nope. No problems. Go for it.