Adding an additional flight on a return award West coast to Europe

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by dev96, Apr 29, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. dev96

dev96 Active Member

Status Points:
    Hello,

Has anyone been able to book an additional flight leg when flying SFO-Europe-SFO? If so, what are the legal cities? I tried the search engine and get an error. I have in the past booked east NYC-PRG-NYC stopover-SFO.

I would be ok paying some additional miles (to get to Mexico, back to caribean, or Hawaii). But I have tried all of these and the engine errors out.

SFO-PRG-SFO then LAX (just to try something easy and close)
    SFO-PRG-SFO then HNL
    SFO-PRG-SFO then AUA
    SFO-PRG-SFO then CUN

Am I doing something wrong, or is SFO basically a destination that cannot be added to?

Thank you,

Michael

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Stopover at origin often breaks things these days. Can you put the break somewhere other than SFO?

3. dev96

dev96 Active Member

Status Points:
    I am able to create it if I go YOW-PRG-YOW wait a month SFO That doesn't break it. I tried YOW-PRG-YOW then CUN...2500 more miles, but works.

I am wondering if it is because I got so far out west....I guess that's my question. Are these possible with West Coast cities. I tried asking an agent but you can imagine how that ended.

4. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    Take what the website will give you. These days if you call anything in, the odds are the agents are looking to reduce your scope and won't assist you - even within the purview of their own rules, never mind beyond the intent.

5. dev96

dev96 Active Member

Status Points:
    Don't like to accept the website. If I search SFO-PRG-HNL then this is allowable, and by the way the connection is in SFO to HNL....so it is just a stopover on the itinerary. It has to be allowable I think....and it does make a huge difference, 5K for the add on, vs what 35K for Hawaii from SFO (same as Europe).