Addendum to HHonors Post - Addt'l. Earning Opps

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by jparker, Mar 6, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. jparker

jparker Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is an addendum to my post on maximizing HHonors program. I realized I left a few options out relative to methods for earning points. I will mash this together with the other when I post to the wiki.

Jason
    -----------------------------

Earning Points by Purchase

HHonors allows members to purchase points up to a maximum of 40,000 points in a calendar year.
    • If you purchase under 10,000 points in any one transaction, your price will be $.0125 per point.
    • If you purchase at least 10,000 HHonors points at a time, your price will be $.01 per point.
    When purchasing points, HHonors advises the points should be available in approx. 30 minutes.

Earning Points by Transfer from Other HHonors Member

Hilton HHonors allows members to transfer or receive an unlimited number of points between member accounts.

HHonors points can be transferred in increments of 10,000 points, at a cost of $25 per 10,000 points. This rate applies to all points transferred up to 200,000. After 200,000 points have been transferred during one calendar year, all additional transfers are free of charge.

Earning Points by Transfer from AMEX Membership Rewards Program

HHonors is a transfer partner of American Express' Membership Rewards Program. For U.S. residents, 1,000 Membership Reward points will transfer into 1,500 HHonors points.

Earning Points by Transfer from Airline Miles

HHonors allows members to transfer airline miles from designated airline partners and convert them to HHonors points. The airlines and applicable information is below:

HHonors Chart.jpg

These types of exchanges can take up to 30 days but there are also options to request express processing, for a fee, by contacting HHonors Customer Care. Express requests can still take up to 10 business days. Also, transfers of more than 100,000 miles require contact with Customer Care.

uggboy and Horse like this.