Added Ritz Visa Bonus

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by mo26, Sep 25, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. mo26

mo26 Silver Member

Status Points:
    SuperKirby, Kalboz, MyTravels and 2 others like this.
  2. norge
    Original Member

norge Silver Member

Status Points:
    Since this gives you R-C/Marriott Gold will you then be given UA Gold? If I get the card now how long will the Gold status last? Through 2014?

3. mo26

mo26 Silver Member

Status Points:
    You will not be issued UA status. The Gold status is said to be good for a year. My guess is Feb '15

-MO

SuperKirby and Kalboz like this.
  4. MyTravels
    Original Member

MyTravels Silver Member

Status Points:
    The page shows an asterisk (*) by the complimentary night. I expect some Ritz are excluded or there may be tier limits, has anyone found the link to the free night disclaimer/qualifiers? (I don't see the qualifiers on the landing page and the application page doesn't include language regarding the additional offers).

Found the answer, the "free night" is really 70k points:
    A Complimentary Night using your 70,000 Ritz-Carlton Rewards points:

You will receive 70,000 bonus points with this offer, which can be redeemed for a complimentary night stay at The Ritz-Carlton. To qualify and receive your bonus, you must make purchases totaling $2,000 or more during the first 3 months from account opening. Purchases do not include using your account for balance transfers, cash advances, or the payment of any fees on your account (including an annual fee, if applicable), or using any checks that access your account. After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus points to post to your account. To be eligible for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing The Ritz-CarltonRewards or Marriott Rewards® Credit Card cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer. If your account is not open for at least 6 months,The Ritz-Carlton and Chase reserve the right to deduct the bonus points fromThe Ritz-Carlton Rewards account.

Gift Card

You will qualify for and receive your gift card after your first purchase. First purchase does not include using your account for balance transfers, cash advances, or the payment of any fees on your account (including an annual fee, if applicable), or using any checks that access your account. After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for delivery. Bonus awards cannot be shipped to PO Boxes or addresses outside the 50 United States and Washington D.C. To be eligible for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time The Ritz-CarltonRewards Credit Card cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing The Ritz-CarltonRewards or Marriott Rewards®Credit Card cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer. Gift cards cannot be used to guarantee or pre-pay for room reservations. Gift cards cannot be used at Ritz-Carlton® partner hotels. See www.ritzcarltongiftcards.com for terms and conditions, which hotels are partner hotels that do not accept gift cards, FAQs, and additional details.

5. MyTravels
    Original Member

MyTravels Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think historically Chase/Marriott have awarded points for repeat clients but they did not get the free night certificate.

I guess it's yet to be seen if the 70k points and/or the $200 would be issued to repeat cardmembers.

6 months of tenure is also an interesting clause.

6. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    the link isn't working for me

Kalboz and mo26 like this.
  7. mo26

mo26 Silver Member

Status Points:

Looks like they closed it. You could try making a refundable Ritz stay and see if a link to the offer appears on the reservation confirmation page. Then just cancel the booking.

-MO

Kalboz likes this.
  8. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    MyTravels likes this.
  9. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    thanks Kalboz - still on the fence about applying - but if it's basically "free" (have to check on the reimburse - will it reimburse the taxes I pay on award travel? and have to figure out if I'll be able to use the gift card - are there strings?) it does seem like a good deal, but I have to compare to the ?offer for 140k marriott point card

Kalboz likes this.
  10. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is it worth it? It all depends on your travel plans and goals. This bonus can get you two nights at the JW Marriott Bangkok or longer stays at the Courtyard Bangkok or other properties in LOS.

Due to the May 16th devaluation, I'd value Marriott's points at $7 per 1000 points giving the 140K bonus card offer around a $600 value after subtracting the hefty $395 annual fee. While this above offer is worth around $500. But you have to be invited (or convince the Chase telephone rep that you are) to get the 140K bonus points offer.

rookie10 and estnet like this.