ACTUAL suite upgrade in NYC?

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by sophiegirl, Feb 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. sophiegirl
    Original Member

sophiegirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would like to use a DIA suite upgrade in NYC, but need an ACTUAL suite, with a door between the bedroom living area, providing 2 separate rooms, not just a divider.

In researching, it appears that the only possibility is the Grand Hyatt - is that correct?

TIA

2. Mary2e
    Original Member

Mary2e Silver Member

Status Points:
    Generally speaking, the GH NYC does not offer that type of suite on an upgrade. It offers a room with a sitting area.

My husband was given an upgraded suite using the certificate and was told that it was because the hotel wasn't that full. That suite was no more than 2 connecting rooms - the bedroom and the other room looked like it was intended to be a hospitality suite set-up.

3. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    None of the Andaz Wall Street suites has a door, including the Presidential Suite.

4. RichardInSF
    Original Member

RichardInSF Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've always been upgraded to a regular suite, with at least two rooms and connecting door, at the GH NYC. So it does happen.

5. doodley
    Original Member

doodley Active Member

Status Points:
    Andaz Wall Street Suite - 2.JPG This is the suite I was upgraded to at the Andaz Wall Street - It has doors on either side of the TV "cabinet" leading to the bedroom that you can shut.

6. sophiegirl
    Original Member

sophiegirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    richardinSF and doodley - thanks. I had looked at the pics of the Andaz, but the "doors" aren't apparent, and they are a necessity. Even with the re-occuring "shortcomings" I read of the GH, I still would prefer that location, so if I can get that, I will - but nice to know I have a back-up. thank you!

7. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Steven Schwartz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Had to fight a bit but I got a Splash Suite at the Andaz 5th Avenue using a free suite night from the Hyatt Visa.

8. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    It's not a door, it's more like a divider.

9. mundosurfer
    Original Member

mundosurfer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, that was my only complaint from the room. It doesn't divide much, and the clear glass window into the bathroom.

10. Coathanger
    Original Member

Coathanger Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had a corner suite at this property and found that noise from the adjacent room was still audible when the dividers were closed. Admittedly, the aforementioned adjacent room was party central for a bunch of college kids so you probably wouldn't hear most neighbors.