Actual Gold Card

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by guberif, Jan 1, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hey everybody - happy new year!

I've been HHonors Gold since October (via Citi Reserve card). I've never received any type of enrollment materials (or a physical "Gold Card" from HHonors). Is this normal? The reason I ask is because I'd like to use the physical card to challenge some other programs.

Thanks

Kalboz and MX like this.
  2. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had the same experience. Apparently, if you unsubscribed from receiving Hilton spam, it also disabled all postal deliveries from them. It took me 4 or 5 attempts before they finally restored postal communication with me.

Kalboz and guberif like this.
  3. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm signed up for "special offers" and "monthly announcements"...

Kalboz likes this.
  4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had to ask them for a card, but quite frankly, I have never really needed it. The main reason, if I recall correctly, was to get confirmation of the expiration date of my Gold status.

5. cjl425

cjl425 Active Member

Status Points:
    There used to be a link on their site that would request a card. I don't know if it is there anymore. I tried it they said expect it in 4 to 5 weeks. That was about 12 weeks ago...

Kalboz likes this.
  6. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I got a card when I made Silver, but never received a replacement for Gold. To this day I've never had a need for it though.

7. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    The OP needs it for challenges from other chains -- I did one once with BW to get Diamond, used it once and to say it nicely haven't stayed with that chain since (for reasons)

DTWBOB

Kalboz and viguera like this.
  8. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I sent Club Carlson a printout of the HHonors webpage showing my status. Got matched to Gold.

9. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
    Snark Dog - what was your Hilton status?

Kalboz likes this.
  10. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Shiny Gold.

YULtide likes this.
  11. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    Reading the thread title I thought you were referring to a gold card actually made of gold. :D

12. davef139

davef139 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Been gold/diamond for about 5years now.. and got a card my very first year, and never have seen one since.

13. kansaskeith

kansaskeith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Qualified for "Diamond" in November - seemed to take a while to get the card, though in late December it did finally arrive. Stayed at Hilton in between and didn't need it to get the benefits (which were mainly the extra bonus points on the stay - other than that I couldn't really tell a diff as to how I was treated vs. at the same hotel when I was "Gold.")

Anyway, when you make "Diamond" it turns out they actually send you not one card but 53 of them, or more. Because. . . in addition to the membership card, you get a complimentary "deck of cards" along with a booklet telling you about "wild" card cames from around the world. A quick look through the booklet, however, doesn't reveal any wild card games like those I remember hearing about in rowdier days :)

diamondcards.JPG

wrxmom and HaveMilesWillTravel like this.
  14. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
    As a follow-up, I went ahead and emailed the HHonors desk. Got this reply:

Dear Mr. XXXXX,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding a membership card. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us.

Due to a system issue, your cards were not sent. I have requested a membership card from your account. Please allow 4 weeks for delivery to the address that we have on file for you. I apologize for the inconvenience and delay.

If there is anything else we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact us. For immediate assistance, please click on the link below for the contact number of the Hilton Worldwide Service Center location nearest you.

http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/support/index.html.

Sincerely,

Gary C.
    Internet Coordinator
    Hilton Internet Contact Center
    Hilton Reservations and Customer Care
    www.hiltonworldwide.com

A "system issue", huh? Riiiiiiiight....

15. kansaskeith

kansaskeith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Actually, I have been with Hilton HHonors since 2000 and remember a couple of systems issues in that 12+ years, though frankly not many. Still, they do occur with most programs. Considering the amount of transactions I had, it seems like I had far more "per capita" with Hyatt Gold Passport, though there is some evidence now that Hyatt has begun to get its act together. I think most programs have their hiccups, and I also have had issues with American Airlines, though with them they have been amazingly few considering the activity I have had.

16. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well whether you believe it not it has been a well known fact that HH has had issues with sending cards to members who have selected speciifically in their profile in that they not receive e-mails and/or other communication from HHonors.

That said I cant possibly think of one single reason a HH member really needs to carry his status card around other than to show the shiny card (is it still gold??) off to your friends :)

17. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
    As I said above, I hadn't opted out of communications. And the reason why I want the physical card is for maximum flexibility with status challenges. And ice scraping. These cards are GREAT for scraping ice, right? :)

kansaskeith likes this.
  18. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well start scraping and be sure to come back and give the us the news when any other program actually is silly enough to actually issue a challenge based on a HH gold card.

19. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    See my post above -- Club Carlson gave me Gold for HHonors Gold and it wasn't a challenge. I just "renewed" with the CC VISA card.

20. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    or see mine (#8)

DTWBOB