Actor Michael Colyar Blasts Airline Staff As Racist

Discussion in 'Travel Security' started by uggboy, Sep 1, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Actor Michael Colyar Blasts Airline Staff As Racist:eek:

Comedian Michael Colyar has accused staff onboard a recent U.S. flight of racial discrimination after he was kicked off the aircraft following a baggage dispute.

The black actor, who voiced a character in Disney's animated The Princess and The Frog, claims a flight attendant on a United Airlines plane in Virginia asked him to move his luggage from the overhead storage bin so a Caucasian passenger could fit her bags in the compartment.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.ns...colyar-blasts-airline-staff-as-racist_1242993

2. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    There's gotta be so much more to this story... are we talking about his luggage on his overhead or did he put it somewhere else? Was there space for his carry-on elsewhere but not for the other passenger? Maybe the FA was trying to make everything fit and I know sometimes they have to do some jigsaw-puzzles with carry-ons to get everything to fit.

I doubt the FA just came up to him and told him to take his stuff off -- and what, put it on his lap? :) -- so another passenger could stow away their stuff. There has to be more to the story.

Reminds me of my last flight actually the other day... people on row 20-something stored their stuff up in front of the plane. The FA made them walk all the way back and get it and take it to the back of the plane. :)

3. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    As it should be, I despise people who board early and put their hand baggage somewhere else where they aren't sitting...now if the OHBs are full then I'd be more understanding but what gives a guy in row 25 the right to stuff his bag in the First Class cabin as he boards...

uggboy and MSPeconomist like this.
  4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    uggboy and PhlyingRPh like this.
  5. Freddie Listo
    Original Member

Freddie Listo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Now THAT FA deserves to be commended! :)

6. PhlyingRPh
    Original Member

PhlyingRPh Silver Member

Status Points:
    Rather odd that a motivational speaker would get so upset at someone moving his cheese, no?

uggboy, MSPeconomist and gobluetwo like this.
  7. gobluetwo
    Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

Status Points:
    More likely, he had a small bag in the overhead and nothing by his feet, and the FA was asking him to move the bag down to accommodate a larger suitcase. I've met people who assume that everyone has a racial motive whenever something inconveniences or goes against them. That is unfortunate.

8. KyRoamer
    Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Seems likely to me. My guess is he views many things as racist when a non-black asks him to do something he does not want to do. If so, shame on him.