Accumulation changes for United Airlines!

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by tcook052, Jan 25, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. tcook052
    Original Member

tcook052 Silver Member

Status Points:
    http://www3.aeroplan.com/whats_new/news_articles.do?dl=WhatsNew_WEBUP1000105_2014_01_24

As of April 1, 2014 please note the following accrual structure changes for United Airlines.

Earn 150% of the miles you fly in booking classes J, C, D, Z or P. For travel until March 31, 2014, earn 125%.

Earn 125% of the miles you fly in booking classes Y or B. For travel until March 31, 2014, earn 100%.

Earn 50% of the miles you fly in booking classes S, T, L, K, G or N. For travel until March 31, 2014, earn 100%.

To learn more consult the United Airlines accumulation structure right now.

Newscience and downhillcrasher like this.
  2. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    This appears to be the case for those UA fares across the *A programs ... only UA M+ will earn full credit for those classes.

Oh well, I might as well fly Tango fares to EWR, then, and at least get a better hard product.

YULtide likes this.
  3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Next step: zero RDMs for discount economy fares. The slaughtering of the golden goose continues.

YULtide and Newscience like this.
  4. maradori
    Original Member

maradori Silver Member

Status Points:
    This hobby was fun while it lasted. Probably will be my last year as AC elite :( :( :(

Now I have no idea what to do anymore :confused:. MR every weekend for Q1 while I still can, or just status match (to whom??? AS, AA, DL?) in Jan 2015. Or maybe hop to OZ and get lifetime *G for 500k *A BIS

5. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    I booked flights for February....

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
    YULtide likes this.
  6. BlondeBomber
    Original Member

BlondeBomber Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well this is great for my alternative airline flights since I am tending towards discount biz fares there. With LH group and UA 150% in Z, makes requalifying easier, although it doesn't do much for my 2 million miler status:eek:

7. YEGman

YEGman Silver Member

Status Points:
    Vice versa.

Watch your accounts because AC has already tried to reduce the credit for a G fare class YEG-YUL to 25% Q-miles and no segment to my MP programme even though I flew it on Janaury 17, 2014, which the charts at MP state is worth 100% and a segment. According to the MP help desk, the mileage was sent to them by AC and they were surprised that G fare class was not properly recognized. It is under investigation. A few days later I flew again YYZ-YEG with a Flex G and again only 25% was sent from AC.