account vanished??

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by ACPanda, Mar 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. ACPanda
    Original Member

ACPanda Active Member

Status Points:
    I have had BA account for a number of years. I have earned miles through partners (credit cards, hotels, online shopping mall etc.), but not by flying BA. I finally had saved enough for my reward and redeemed all but a few hundred miles for the award. A few months after redeeming the award, the remaining few hundred miles were withdrawn from my account (ex-gratia). I had had earnings within the past year and the redemption only a few months prior, so I did not understand why the miles would be removed. I sent an e-mail to customer service and never got a response. I didn't bother pursuing it further since it was only a few hundred miles, but I decided not to earn more miles in BA because my previous miles disappeared. However, now a few months later, my account no longer exists according to ba.com when I try to log in using my number/pin or my user name/password. I find this really odd. I would like to write/call to find out what happened, but why should I waste my time if their actions suggest they do not wish for me to be a customer anymore.

Any thoughts or ideas on what could have happened in this case? Again I had had earnings within the last 12 months and redemptions within the last 6 months.

2. Primula
    Original Member

Primula Silver Member

Status Points:
    Easiest way to find out what happened would be to PM the BAEC representative on FT.

ACPanda likes this.
  3. ACPanda
    Original Member

ACPanda Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the tip. I went ahead and sent a PM this afternoon.

I called the BAEC desk in Toronto. They did confirm that my account was deleted, but could provide no answer as to why or how. Their response was simply to open a new account.