Accor to abolish Internet usage fees at all Asia-Pacific hotels

Discussion in 'Accor | Le Club Accorhotels' started by sobore, Aug 17, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://ttgasia.com/article.php?article_id=4239

ACCOR is planning to offer complimentary Internet access across all its hotel brands and properties in Asia-Pacific by the end of the year.

The move comes in response to the Accor Asia Pacific Business Traveller Survey 2012, which found that free Internet connectivity had become a key influencer on business travellers' choice of hotel—with 49 per cent of respondents rating it among the most important factors.

Respondents from Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand all rated free Internet as the primary factor affecting their choice of accommodation.

Although priorities among other markets deviate – with travellers from Australia and New Zealand prizing location, those from China prizing loyalty rewards, and those from India valuing price point – the decision-tipping clout that free Internet has suddenly accrued has prompted a swift reaction from Accor, especially since it did not even figure in last year’s report.

Read More: http://ttgasia.com/article.php?article_id=4239

Kalboz and dc3 like this.
  2. dc3
    Original Member

dc3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Why just Asia? Why not the entire chain around the world?

Kalboz and sobore like this.
  3. chinesescouser

chinesescouser Active Member

Status Points:
    I really don't understand why any hotel needs to charge for internet usage. It's quite infuriating that the highest end hotels charge for i-net access! If I remember correctly, the Intercon that I just stayed at in Rome was 15 or 19 Euros per 24 hours! Ridiculous.

Accor is going in the right direction, they just need to do this globally.

Kalboz and sobore like this.
  4. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:
    Even NH hotel (Spanish hotel chain) provides free internet now. Marriott also provides free internet to all MR members in their hotels in Asia Pacific (MR is free to join). Accor will loose a lot of customers if they don't follow.

Kalboz likes this.
  5. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Have been able to book some Accor Ibis's hotels in Europe for 2013 that offers free wifi in rooms, which I believe is new for them.

Kalboz likes this.
  6. loyaltypointsUK

loyaltypointsUK Member

Status Points:
    wifi now free in Poland and some other eastern European counties
    though its Orbis (the Accor franchise that decided this rather than corporate)

Kalboz likes this.