Accor outlines Le Club loyalty improvements

Discussion in 'Accor | Le Club Accorhotels' started by sobore, Jun 29, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/accor-outlines-le-club-loyalty-improvements

Chief marketing officer for Accor Hotels Gregoire Champetier tells Business Traveller that the newly rebranded loyalty programme Le Club Accorhotels will aggressively improve its generosity, “fluidity” and redemption options, as it seeks to double its current membership of 10 million.
    Champetier says that the proliferation of strong third party distributors has made internet distribution the “key battle” for the future of the hotel business. Accor is looking to react to this challenge through its direct distribution channels and sweeping improvements to its loyalty programme, recently rebranded from A Club to Le Club Accorhotels.

Read More: http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/accor-outlines-le-club-loyalty-improvements

uggboy likes this.
  2. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think this is the key... Accor is the only chain that I belong to that makes you jump through hoops to redeem your points.

Plus they need to figure out how to expand the brand overall and give US customers more variety. I mean you have two upscale hotels in New York and a bunch of super-budget Motel 6 properties. In places like Washington DC or Florida the choices are even more limited.

sobore likes this.
  3. PointHoarder
    Original Member

PointHoarder Silver Member

Status Points:
    They recently sold off the Motel 6 brand to a private investment group. Given that it was never integrated into their loyalty program, it's not a real loss per se for the program. On the other hand, it has the perverse effect how showing just how small Accor's US footprint is.