Accessing Alaska Airlines Board Room without AC card

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Juanefny, Aug 5, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Juanefny

Juanefny Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just got an admirals club membership recently have not gotten my card in the mail yet. I will be flying USairways tomorrow and was hoping to access the US air Club and will fly Alaska on Friday (and AA) and was hoping to access the board room. Is there a way to get in for member who has yet to get the card in the mail?

Newscience likes this.
  2. dayone
    Original Member

dayone Silver Member

Status Points:
    Assuming your membership has been established, you might have some luck at the US Airways Club with your AAdvantage number. With no card, the Boardroom may be a bridge too far.

Newscience likes this.
  3. Juanefny

Juanefny Silver Member

Status Points:
    What if I have an old expired card?

4. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

eponymous_coward Gold Member

Status Points:
    The rules say you need to present your card... I guess you get to beg and plead for mercy?

5. dayone
    Original Member

dayone Silver Member

Status Points:
    No help at the BR.

6. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Can you print out something online that has your number? SEA did let my wife in with her Priority Pass number (lacking the physical card). I think they typed it into the credit card reader and it worked fine. I'm sure that level of service is dependent on the agent/host.

7. Juanefny

Juanefny Silver Member

Status Points:
    I called admirals club customer service and they emailed me a receipt. I just checked into us air and my old card worked - since it's linked to the advantage number and the number is once again on an active membership...
    So I hope the combination of the two things will work. She also said that often Alaska will call them to verify.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
    iolaire likes this.
  8. jakem4800

jakem4800 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes I was able to access the club without the card. They need the club member number, the expiration on the card, and your id.

iolaire and Juanefny like this.
  9. Juanefny

Juanefny Silver Member

Status Points:
    FYI an update... I did as I was told to by the AC CS agent and I printed the receipt and brought that along with my old card. I was granted access at all the board rooms without a problem. I actually didn't get the actual card in the mail for about two weeks after I left for Alaska, so I'm glad I inquired and brought that paper receipt as I don't think they would have admitted me without that paper receipt.

10. flynhwn

flynhwn Silver Member

Status Points:
    AS club is very unfriendly if you're not on their airline on their ticket stock. If you're connecting you may have a chance as they let me in once but not the second time. You can quote them the rules and even have it printed but they are just a pain. The last time I went there with my lifetime Admirals Club card and an Alaska Air rt ticket on AA stock I was refused. Of all the airline clubs I've been to they are the most difficult. Good Luck

11. davef139

davef139 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hmm wow.. I have only visisted the SEA club, but the people there couldn't have been nicer. My AA Exec card was prob enough, although they were able to lookup by AAdvantage number. Had a nice talk with some them working the front desk as I was there for 5hours in and out.

12. okrogius

okrogius Silver Member

Status Points:
    You weren't eligible based on that criteria. AA club members (via credit card, annual fee, or lifetime) are only eligible with a same-day AA-marketed and AA-operated flight.

davef139, Photonerd71 and timfrost like this.
  13. Photonerd71

Photonerd71 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Darn facts and rules get in the way of a good rant.

Sent using a small piece of fruit.