Access to Virgin Atlantic JFK Clubhouse

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by UA191, Jan 8, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. UA191

UA191 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm a new DL Plat flying JFK-AMS on DL next week.
    Can I access the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse @ JFK? Plat agents seem to be confused...

Also - if anybody has any tips for how to get an extra guest (3 people total) into the KL lounge at AMS, I would so appreciate it!

Cheers!

2. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.delta.com/content/www/en...rtners/virgin-atlantic-partnership.html#terms

As for the KL Lounge in AMS, are you talking about before the return flight AMS-JFK?
    Lounge access is usually at the departure airport unless you are connecting to another destination.
    KLM is a Sky Team member so you and 1 guest can access the lounge before departure from AMS as a Skyteam Elite Plus

upload_2015-1-9_12-22-47.png

http://www.skyteam.com/en/Why-SkyTeam/SkyTeam-Lounges/Lounge-Access-Policy/

3. UA191

UA191 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Saw the content on delta.com, but it specifically says "Flights to the UK" - will they accept my boarding pass to AMS?
    Already knew the Skyteam Elite Plus 1 guest policy... was wondering if anybody would have ideas on how to get a third person in?

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    No. Because AMS is not in the UK.

And I would not expect the AMS agents to bend the rules in your favor.

5. UA191

UA191 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Already know both... was asking whether the agents at JFK would be flexible at all and whether anybody had thoughts on how to get an extra person into the KLM lounge.

Any ideas?

6. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    It seems you do not like the answer to the questions posed. Sorry about that. But they are the answers.

Buy a refundable ticket and cancel after you enter the lounge if you're into that sort of thing. Otherwise expect that the rules will be followed.

7. UA191

UA191 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wasn't looking for answers to policy re: the KL lounge, I was looking for substantive advice.
    Re: the VS lounge, I was looking for personal experiences.
    It seems you have neither. No need to be snarky about it.

8. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    You asked if the VS agents will accept a DL BP to AMS. The answer is no. There is no way around it other than having a BP to the UK. I don't think it is worth playing the refundable ticket game just to get to a lounge but that's the option you have. Similarly I have plenty of experience with KL agents in AMS. I've never seen one of them bend the rules like you're asking.

Sometimes we actually have to play by the rules.

9. nicolelmiller3

nicolelmiller3 Active Member

Status Points:
    If you are not flying Virgin or DL from JFK to London on a codeshare, you can't get into the Virgin lounge.

In my experience, the KL lounge reps are not exactly flexible. They are nice and to the point but they do not bend the rules. The lounges at AMS are extremely busy but they are efficient with check in and they won't bend the rules just for you. You could probably pay for the extra guest, like everyone else. If you hold up the line, don't be surprised if the other people in line get frustrated with you.

UA191 likes this.