Access to Maple Leaf Lounge using United Club one-time pass

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by Filler03, Oct 29, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Filler03

Filler03 Silver Member

Status Points:
    My wife and I will be traveling from LHR to YUL and then on to PHL (US Airways) on December 31st. Will I be able to use a United Club on-time pass to get into the Maple Leaf lounge in YUL (or LHR)? I took this from the AC website but it doesn't talk about one-time passes:
    "Any United Airlines Red Carpet Club member is welcome to entitled to Maple Leaf Lounge access when holding a valid membership card and a same-day confirmed ticket for travel on a departing Air Canada, Air Canada Jazz, or United Airlines flight. At no additional charge, the Red Carpet Club member may be accompanied by one guest who is also in possession of a same-day ticket on a qualifying, departing flight."

2. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have never been able to use a one time pass at any club other than what was on the pass, no matter the club relationship. It seems any reciprocal benefits do not apply to these passes. Never tried the MLL though.

3. BuckleandBoots

BuckleandBoots Silver Member

Status Points:
    Two likely problems:
    1) Day passes normally don't have reciprocity, and someone here can tell you if there is a UC at LHR. It's always possible that the lounge CSR will just decide to be extra nice on a whim, but you can't bet on that.
    2) Flying from Canada to the US, you normally are in a sub-terminal where you don't have access to the Maple Leaf Lounges. I haven't flown through YUL, but someone on here can tell you if you'll clear US customs in YUL.

4. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

JetsettingEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    YUL has a transborder AC lounge for US destined flights. I'm 99% sure the US airways flights leave from the same concourse, but you would need to confirm that. The United Club (as well as US Airways Club) membership have reciprocity, the day pass does not. Air Canada does sell 1-time lounge access cards which may be worth it if you have a long layover. The Air Canada lounges are generally much nicer than the lounges in the US.

5. YUL36

YUL36 Silver Member

Status Points:
    AC, UA and US all use the same transborder concourse in YUL. There is a very nice MLL with great views of the field,
    a self serve bar and some snack options, usually soup and salad, and pita with humas, chips and salsa, in the afternoon/evening.

6. Day passes from any *A partner won't be accepted by AC and never have been.

YUL does have US customs and immigration preclearance for US bound flights.

The UC club at LHR is in a different terminal than AC so not practical at all to use that lounge.

BuckleandBoots likes this.
  7. Filler03

Filler03 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ok, seeing as how the consensus is that I won't be allowed in with my UA day passes, is anyone willing to guest my wife and I in at LHR or YUL? I could give you the United passes in return (but seeing as how you would already have access to MLL, don't see that they would be of any help to you). Please let me know. Will be in LHR on 12/31 from about 10am-1pm and in YUL from about 3-6.

8. I will be in london that day but not at the airport. I may have a couple of MLL passes left by then.

canucklehead likes this.
  9. Traveling Momma

Traveling Momma Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hmmmm, I have a US Airways Club Day Pass (I received for a CC sign up) and would like to use it in the United Lounge in ORD before flying out. From what I'm reading above about non-reciprocity, this is a no go.Is this a correct assumption even though I'm looking to do this in United USA lounge?

if so, i'll look to use my pass in Phoenix where we stop then if the above is a correct assumption in the US only.

Blue