Access to lounge?

Discussion in 'Miles & More | Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian/Partners' started by mdtravel, Mar 26, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. mdtravel

mdtravel Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wondering what lounge or lounges my father and I can access on our trip from Charlotte to Prague, via Munich. We'll have four hours on the way over in MUC.

Me: Chairman's preferred on US so I think that is Star Alliance Gold. We're both booked in business on an award ticket. I have a US Airways club membership. I have a Priority Pass membership.

Can anyone tell me what my club options are for my father and I?

2. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Virtually all of them, except maybe for the LH First-class lounges: (a) LH business lounges for having business tickets and US Club membership, (b) *G lounges for your status with US, if Chairman's Preferred does in fact carry *G benefits, and (c) contracted and possibly some of the preceding lounges for having Priority Pass.

3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    It does.

I don't believe there are any contract/Priority Pass lounges in the LH terminal at MUC so the SEN lounge is going to be the best option for the OP.

4. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    That confirms it. The OP seemed unsure, so, unfamiliar with US, I was not sure either...
    My little Black & Gold Priority Pass booklet ("Your key to over 600 airport VIP lounges") lists two lounges and no other that are accessible with their membership in MUC:

1. Terminal 1C (non-Schengen): Atlantic Lounge
    2. Terminal 1D (Schengen): Europa Lounge

5. mdtravel

mdtravel Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks folks. Anyone know if the senator lounge will be better than the Atlantic or Europa?

6. Pawel Lew

Pawel Lew Member

Status Points:
    I don't know about Atlantic but Europa lounge is very poor. In addtition to that you would probably need to change terminals (these lounges are located in terminal 1). So stick to SEN lounge.

TRAVELSIG likes this.
  7. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Agreed- the SEN lounge or the Senator cafe are the two best options.