AC SE benefits that work

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by guinnessxyz, Mar 20, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. I have recently used 2 exclusive SE benefits with great success.

Last weekend I upgraded a flight I took on AE points for both my wife and I. No issue whatsoever as the concierges at YYZ were fully knowledgeable about this benefit.

I neglected to book a return flight from YMM this week and when my schedule was confirmed every flight was sold out or asking $2350 OW YMM/YYZ. Called the new "Altitude SE 100K" desk looking for help and the agent immediately told me that SE's are guaranteed an economy seat on any flight at full Y pricing, something I knew but didn't mention at the outset. My latitude passes was considered full Y by the agent and a seat was given on the flight I wanted. It takes a little work and time from the help desk to override the pass system which is an on line product only but it was accomplished.
    Asked the agent to put me on STBY as there was a J seat for sale and within an hour the upgrade was issued for 2 ecerts.

I like my status:D
    maradori likes this.
  2. BlondeBomber
    Original Member

BlondeBomber Silver Member

Definitely a nice perq! I have only used it once but when you need it -- sure comes in handy. Nice to know that lat pass is considered Y. I would have thought otherwise--even more reason to buy passes if you fly certain routes a lot.