AC Lounge - Toronto doesnt count as Intl

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by manfromkrypton, Aug 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. manfromkrypton
    Original Member

manfromkrypton Silver Member

Status Points:
    At the ORD lounge this morning, and flying first class to Toronto (or rather, Business Class, as this is an international flight). I know its an International flight because when checking in, I was asked for my passport. However, when at the ORD AC, was informed that Toronto isn't considered an international flight for them, and therefore no lounge access on the basis of business class travel alone. I had to bust out my AmEx Plat card, which got me in, but sadly no WiFi access.

Anyone else experience this?

2. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    DestinationDavid likes this.
  3. UA191

UA191 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have flown ORD-YYZ on AC & UA probably three dozen times in the past 3 years. Every time except for a couple, in first. Every time I visited the RCC at ORD, the agents have always granted me access. I'm thinking it may be on the basis of my status with UA, rather than the class of service.

I've only ever flown with AA on this route once or twice in first, and was never granted access to the AC, even for the short time that I did have status with AA.