AC: LAX-YVR-PVG $852 a/i, 13,392 Miles, 6.3 CPM

Discussion in 'Mileage Runs/Travel Hacking' started by RestlessLocationSyndrome, Jan 21, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    Noticed this fare as I was doing another search. Seems to book in A & N classes which get 100% credit to UA. Not a great value from CPM but a good way to earn a bunch in a short period with a few nights to hang out in Shanghai.

2. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is it under 72 hour layover in Shanghai? Over that you need to get a $$$ Visa.

3. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I saw one for 2 nights in Shanghai so yes, under 72 hrs. Since you connect through YVR on the way back to LAX, you might be able to get away with not needing the Visa since you can show your destination to be Canada.

4. don't book it on AC as you will only get 25% or 50% miles and be sure UA doesn't do the same because *A is changing a lot of things in that regard.

5. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the note, didn't see the fine print.

To be accurate, on A & N fares, you won't get mileage on the LAX-YVR legs but will on the YVR-PVG. For UA credit, it brings it down to 11,230 miles at 7.6 cpm.

For more fares and details, refer to the following UA page:
    http://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mar...s/Pages/AirlinePartnerDetails.aspx?ItemId=313

6. I would keep an eye on that with UA. AC only recently added some of those "discount" fares to their TPAC flights and only give lower miles than other fares. I suspect UA will eventually follow suit when pax are flying on AC metal.