AC in top 5 airlines for IFE

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by ACMM, Oct 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Link : http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44892203/ns/travel-travel_tips/

Independent Traveler
    While almost every nanosecond of the flying experience presents potential hassles — from figuring out true pricing when searching for fares to dealing with chaotic luggage pick-up when you finally get home — the few hours in the air can actually provide some of the least stressful waking moments of our lives. It's usually relatively quiet and working is almost impossible, which leaves you plenty of time to just sit there — and watch some movies.
    Of course, on some airlines this is a more pleasurable (and dependable) experience than others. The larger and older an airline's fleet, the more variation in the in-flight system you will see from one trip to another. Younger and smaller airlines like JetBlue and Virgin America (the latter owns only 42 planes) are not dealing with a fleet of aircraft of very differing ages and models that came together over time through a series of purchases, mergers and the like.

Folks who travel on "legacy" airlines can sometimes encounter two or three different aircraft, with multiple configurations, on the same route. Going out you may have a dedicated seat-back system; coming back you may have to peer over the top of the seat in front of you to see the screen; then on your next flight, there may be no screens at all. This makes it much harder for a legacy airline to offer a consistent in-flight entertainment system.

[From my milePoint enabled iPhone]

Chimpy likes this.
  2. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have always liked AC's IFE. Good selections.

[From my milePoint enabled iPhone]

Chimpy likes this.