AC frequent flyer number

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by sfo1, Jul 25, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have no status with AC, but do have FF # with them. I am 1K with UA. I I have some UA/CO flights coming up in the new year, and already been upgraded and some are pending, however I would like to have them credited to my AC FF # rather than to my mileage +. If I take out my mileage + number and use my AC #, will I loose the upgrades and those that are pending and the e+ seats I now have for those flights? I would assume that my *G would still work for preboarding, lounge access even though it would not be printed on the boarding pass, so guess I would have to show my *G UA card. Answers would be appreciated.

2. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've done this in previous years and even with UDU last year, but not yet this year. However, although the UA system does use two fields for FF numbers (one for status recognition and the other for mileage credit) removing your MP number before getting to the airport is not recommended. I always had an agent at the RCC change the FF number from my 1K to my AE SE or BD account just before the flight. This ensured my cleared upgrades stuck, particularly with UDU. Doing this even at a kiosk had in the past caused me to default out of my E+ seat if I'd not been confirmed in an F upgraded seat. If there's no RCC at your departure airport, or you can't get into a club, ask the gate agent to change or remove your MP number from the FF program credit field.

milchap and sfo1 like this.
  3. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Txs for the info. I will have it done at the RCC in SEA prior to departure.

4. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just two things to watch out for.

1. Sometimes your boarding pass may show the AE account code but the miles could still post to MP. I had this done by LH one time, but when I checked my MP account a day after the flight I found one of the two segments had ended up in my MP account after all. I called MP immediately and explained to the agent, and she removed the flight. I then sent the boarding pass stub and copy of my ticket to AE and they posted the miles into that account. (The other segment had posted to AE with no issue.) So keep an eye on your MP account over the days following your flight.

2. On return trips, to get your UDU or keep your E+ seat, after doing the outbound, you'll have to ensure your MP number goes back onto both fields and once more do the change at the airport after checking in.

sfo1 likes this.