AC flight connecting to Alaska Air flight

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by georockc, Sep 26, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. georockc

georockc Silver Member

Status Points:
    Quick question, I'm booking a flight from YYC to JNU. I can get all the way there on Alaska Airlines, but it's a 6 am departure out of Calgary. The Ultimate Rewards mall is showing me another option going YYC-SEA leg on AC and then the rest of the way on Alaska. This leaves a few hours later and has half the layover in Seattle. This isn't a code share, so would a checked bag go all the way through, or would I need to recheck it with Alaska in Seattle?
    Or I might just get away with carry-on for three weeks, and take the extra sleep.

2. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hey georockc. I think what you are looking for here is the interline agreement. From this AC web page,
    it does indicate that Air Canada does have an interline agreement with Alaska Airlines.

Now I am not 100% sure, but I think given what I have read on other AC interline agreements, this means you can have not only a single e-ticket but also that luggage should be able to be transferred between the airlines.

I think to do this, however, you would need to have a single e-ticket for all legs.

I reference the following from the recent announce of the AC and Aer Lingus interline agreement

Hoping someone else can confirm 100%

pcarol and georockc like this.
  3. georockc

georockc Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks ACMM, read through the interline agreement info on the website and it looks as you described. And AS is listed as an interline partner.

pcarol and ACMM like this.
  4. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Enjoy Juno - going for long? Hoping the trip all works out well :)

pcarol and georockc like this.
  5. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just a question - is there a US customs station in Calgary on the check-in side, or do you have to reclaim in Seattle as your first US destination and clear customs/recheck anyway? I've never flown that route, so I don't know. I've been from Montreal, where there is a US Customs station...

pcarol likes this.
  6. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    YYC does have US pre-clearance and Nexus and Global Entry

pcarol likes this.
  7. georockc

georockc Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the well wishes. Plans change quickly in my job, the coworker I was going to fill in for is able to make the trip. I'll enjoy an extra week at home before heading to Phoenix for the next job and enjoy this bit of great fall weather in Calgary.

YULtide, pcarol and ACMM like this.