AC Code share buckets with LH

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by londoncalling, Oct 5, 2018.

1. londoncalling

londoncalling Silver Member

Status Points:
    I recently bought a P class ticket to Ham on AC with a LH cnx in MUC. The price was lower than latitude but was back of the bus from MUC to HAM. Originally these code shares were seamless in terms of fare class but that appears to be no longer the case. I usually go point to point in Europe so this was a revelation to me.

YULtide likes this.
  2. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    Same happened to me a couple of years ago flying LIM-BOG-YYZ. The first segment was on Avianca, and the itinerary clearly stated that it was in business class (P). On boarding, I was seated in the back and when I enquired was informed that P was an economy fare bucket on Avianca. The shift from Z to P for discounted Business class seems to have had an unintended consequence.

That said, I did manage to sit up from on LH this summer on a P fare from PRG-FRA, connecting to AC to YYZ. So I'm surprised about your experience.

londoncalling likes this.
  3. The Lev
    Original Member

The Lev Silver Member

Status Points:
    I find that very often on these fares if you book through AC.com they stick you in the back for the connector but if you use an OTA you get Business all the way through for the same price.

I think AC has very limited access to discounted J seats on codeshares and once those are gone, back of the bus for you; whereas OTA's will book you on the connecting airline's flight number rather than codeshre and presto J seat is available.

AC.com's website is also very misleading because it sometimes refers to the connector as being business class but then you look at the fare it was booked into and it becomes clear that you will be in Y.

YULtide and londoncalling like this.
  4. londoncalling

londoncalling Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good point and something I have noticed with other types of bookings as well. I did a few OTA bookings to China when I had onward inland travel with a non *A partner. AC's fare to PVG was in P but the OTA fare, for the same price was in Z. That happened only once

One of the issues I have had with OTA is that they sometimes don't have the same fare buckets available as AC.com. If you call the OTA however, they will give you all the fare buckets available .

YULtide likes this.