AC: CLE-YYZ-LHR

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by TAHKUCT, Mar 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Will be traveling from CLE to LHR via YYZ roundtrip on AC and have few questions:
    Outbound:
    1. Is 1hr 15min to connect acceptable from CLE? if yes, will I have time to go to AC lounge or American Express Lounge?
    2. Will my luggage transfer automatcily or I will have to pick up my luggage and re-check it again?
    3. Will I have to clear any security/customs/passport control?
    Inbound:
    1. Is 2 hr connection enough to connect from LHR at YYZ going to CLE? will I have time to go to AC lounge or American Express Lounge?
    2. Will my luggage transfer automatcily or I will have to pick up my luggage and re-check it again?
    3. Will I have to clear any security/customs/passport control?

2. Outbound
    1. If there are no delays - yes and yes, although for a very short time.
    2. Auto
    3. No, you've already passed security, and customs is in LHR.
    Inbound
    1. Should be - maybe.
    2. Unsure as US customs is @ YYZ
    3. See answer 2

TAHKUCT likes this.
  3. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thank you.
    What about AC lounge compared to American Express Lounge?

4. Depends on what you need. AE lounge has somewhat better food. What would you be looking to do / achieve?

5. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Will be with my wife and son. Just need to relax, access internet, make some phone calls and of course have some drinks and snacks.

6. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think you will find the AX lounge less frenetic and more calming. Internet will be the YYZ free wireless internet.

7. Scratching my brain to try to remember if "drinks" are free @ AE lounge.... If no food other then snacks are required, then the International MLL Lounge at YYZ is really hard to beat.

8. I know what you're saying about "less frenetic", but that MLL has so many nooks and cranies that I've always been able to find a quiet spot.

9. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well that is a consideration. The AX lounge is significantly smaller. I am unsure also if you can take in 2 others with you. I only ever go myself or with one other.

10. I'm fuzzy on it too, I must admit, as I usually just go straight to the MLL unless looking for hot food.

11. akide
    Original Member

akide Silver Member

Status Points:
    inbound:
    LHR YYZ CLE
    you'll have to clear US customs at yyz, first collect your bags at the special US connections baggage carousel, sometimes it takes quite awhile for your luggage to come through then go through US customs there, passport control and security control (metal detector), carryon x-ray,

12. Rejuvenated
    Original Member

Rejuvenated Gold Member

Status Points:
    Which I find more reliable that the ones provided by the MLL.

13. yyzgigi
    Original Member

yyzgigi Active Member

Status Points:
    On the International flight, I'd use the AC lounge. It is convenient, well appointed and unlike the other AC lounges at YYZ has hot food (pasta). If there are any flight issues, they will make announcements in the lounge and there are AC staff at the ready.

For your flight to CLE you may want to try out the Amex lounge. Depending on the day and time the the AC US lounge can be very crowded and you have to wait for an elevator both to enter and leave, while the Amex lounge is at the gate level.

14. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thank you all for great responses and suggestions. I guess i will try to access MLL on my outbound flight and try American Express lounge and even maybe also MLL on my return of I will have time. We should have no problem accessing both lounges, because my wife and I have memberships and Amex Platinum charge cards.