AC Biz Lay Flat

Discussion in 'SeatExpert' started by techauthor, Feb 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. techauthor
    Original Member

techauthor Silver Member

Status Points:
    My wife and I are heading from Toronto to Bejing on an Air Canada flight in Biz, with lay-flat seats. Any thoughts on good/bad seats? We'd like to be able to talk while up and awake, then get a few hours sleep over the Pacific. The herringbone style makes me wonder which seats to choose.

Your thoughts?

2. ande777emt
    Original Member

ande777emt Gold Member

Status Points:
    Do seats across the aisle from each other, such as A and D or G and K if you're on the 77W direct from YYZ-PEK. If you're stopping in YVR along the way, do F and K in the same aisle if on the 763 or 333. The AC herringbone is very private, so the only way you'll really get to talk to each other is if you're across the aisle from each other. A coworker and I on YVR-ICN found this out the hard way when we were in A and F; luckily the guy the K seat switched with me.

sobore and 2soonold like this.
  3. work2fly
    Original Member

work2fly Silver Member

Status Points:
    11 AD or 11 GK would be my picks on the Triple-7s.

Much easier to talk across the aisle than between the 2 center seats that face away from each other. Also, no galleys or lavs nearby.

4. East_Yorker
    Original Member

East_Yorker Gold Member

Status Points:
    On the 777 the rows are staggered, so 2G and 1K are actually directly across the aisle from each other. Check out the seat map on the AC website or Seatexpert

sobore and KyRoamer like this.
  5. KyRoamer
    Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I found the seat's foot section tight. Dropping the foot and letting my feet hang off worked best for me. The side sleepers seemed to do best on my flight.

East_Yorker likes this.
  6. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    While those seats are directly across from each, it is not the best configuration for private conversations. There is usually someone moving up and down the aisles. The herringbone configuration is not the best for couples.
    Hopefully Air Canada will recognize this limitation in their 787 configuration for J class.

East_Yorker and sobore like this.
  7. JohnnieD
    Original Member

JohnnieD Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just flew YYZ>MUC via AC in a 763. It is not conducive to conversation and the seats were really hard and not very comfortable. I will not fly on AC with a 763 ever again....

East_Yorker likes this.
  8. YUL36

YUL36 Silver Member

Status Points:
    AC uses the same pods on the 763's 333's and 777. I have noticed lillte difference. Had 11A last time to NRT on a 777L and it was fine. But as others have said, if you want to talk to someone in flight than sit across from each other.

East_Yorker likes this.
  9. global_happy_traveller
    Original Member

global_happy_traveller Silver Member

Status Points:
    the 1-1-1 configs (333/763) are not the best for conversations........ but the middle of the 1-2-1 (77L/77W) configs are great for small talks (prolonged talks with a bent neck will cause your neck to ache like mad)