AC and pilots agree on contract

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by briantoronto, Mar 18, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. briantoronto
    Original Member

briantoronto Gold Member

Status Points:
    AIR CANADA AND AIR CANADA PILOTS ASSOCIATION REACH TENTATIVE AGREEMENT ON NEW CONTRACT
    First tentative agreement in 2011 Air Canada contract negotiations

MONTREAL, March 18 /CNW Telbec/ - Air Canada announced today that it has reached a tentative collective agreement with the Air Canada Pilots Association.

The agreement is subject to ratification by the Association and covers approximately 3,000 pilots. The tentative agreement, achieved before the expiry of the current collective agreement with the Association, is the first reached in Air Canada's 2011 contract negotiations with unions representing about 22,400 employees based in Canada. Details of the agreement will not be released pending ratification by the Association and approval by the Air Canada board of directors.

2. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Excellent -- the great news is that they got this done very quickly.

3. East_Yorker
    Original Member

East_Yorker Gold Member

Status Points:
    You beat me to it...let's hope this gets ratified

4. briantoronto
    Original Member

briantoronto Gold Member

Status Points:
    Indeed! And sets the proper tone for the rest of the negotiations. Not that I have any plans to fly AC this year...

5. I think that bodes well for the remaining union agreements. The unions are seeing good growth in AC's hiring practices and love those monthly dues so I would expect them to ratify all agreements this time out w/o the rancour that has existed in previous negotiations. Besides Calin was a labor lawyer in his early career.

DanJ likes this.
  6. En-Route
    Original Member

En-Route Silver Member

Status Points:
    As go the pilots,so will the rest of the bargaining units

7. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    The machinists are an unhappy lot over the AVEOS issue....

8. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is AC outsourcing some services to Aveos, and machinists are unhappy about that? Or something else?

9. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    AC has offered their machinists to leave AC and transfer to AVEOS. My next door neighbour is in this situation and he will not transfer. The rub is that he may have to move himself to another station to complete his 18 months before retirement. It is a complicated scenario and perhaps someone could fill in the blanks.

10. Glad the pilots have got a tentative agreement, lets hope AC wrote a good contract.