AC Altitude Thread~Good, bad and ugly

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by guinnessxyz, Mar 3, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. I have my SE package, took the double ALT. mileage, 70 ecerts, mileage in lieu of ecerts for passes, and 6 MLL passes.

Having the spouse or friend elite status is a good feature and the 40 ecerts are good value which could add additional ones to the SE member if need be.

2. The site layout appears to be pretty good and its quite fast, so far.

3. Still missing my 2 first thresholds at 20K and 40K plus my double miles from Jan.1. I'm assuming they will have batched those to update ASAP.

4. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would like to know what the plan is for the sites ... I now have three sites to go to for AC: Altitude, Aeroplan plus the AC site for eupgrades. At least the passwords are syncnronized, but a single portal would surely be nicer.

YULtide likes this.
  5. Aeroplan will soon only be used for booking reward flights once the Altitude site is steady and I believe you will be able to access the ecert site much easier once everything is fully functional. It will become part of the altitude site eventually as I've been told.

6. slalom

slalom Silver Member

Status Points:
    Where can you see your ecert balance? I can't find it anywhere, but called the Aeroplan number and I'm loaded up. Needed to call Air Canada separately to use them though.

YULtide likes this.
  7. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    YULtide likes this.
  8. slalom

slalom Silver Member

Status Points:
  9. mtlfire

mtlfire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Mine show up, included expired ones as still available.

YULtide likes this.
  10. slalom

slalom Silver Member

Status Points:
    Today at YYZ United forced me to pay for my two checked bags (I'm heading to Park City on a ski trip) because my status (A50K) doesn't show on their system. I had to argue my way into the lounge on my layover at SFO.

Does anyone know if AC will refund these checked baggage charges?

I hope they get the status info to *A before my return next week.

11. AC won't that's for sure. You should have printed out your new status from the altitude site or brought your new card as I think everyone has by now received their 2013 AE cards.

12. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I haven't received mine ... though I didn't check the mailbox today.

13. maradori
    Original Member

maradori Silver Member

Status Points:
    I like the overall package. The E75K blue is a really beautiful shade (kind of like tomh009's avatar photo). I even like the envelope and how there's that diamond with the transparent plastic with my name and address on it. It certainly feels more creative than past years' envelopes. Every year, I look forward to opening my mailbox and finding the package. This year didn't disappoint (although initially it was a bit jarring to not get a bronze coloured envelope like before).

My current disappointment, and I think it's shared by many (especially on that other forum) is how late everything was. And I'm really disappointed too T_T

In years past, we were able to make our choices around mid-January or something, right? I'd always choose MLL passes and mail them back up to my brother and sister (along with my tax forms). This year, my brother and his girlfriend came down to visit and flew back SFO-LAX-YYZ on the 4th. If Altitude was "properly" done like before, I would have been able to give them two lounge passes, but alas, they had to be gate lice.

I know, first world problems, but still, what's the point MRing 75k if I can't even share MLL passes in time? I guess all I can hope for is that the deities that control R space smile favourably on me again this year....

14. slalom

slalom Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had the new card, and United still insisted on charging for baggage because it didn't show "on their system" that I was eligible.

15. The Winger
    Original Member

The Winger Silver Member

Status Points:
    I haven't received mine yet either, and was refused access in SFO on the weekend. Complete joke.

16. The Winger
    Original Member

The Winger Silver Member

Status Points:
    I should also point out that my wife and daughters 35k cards came over a week ago.

17. The Winger
    Original Member

The Winger Silver Member

Status Points:
    Card came today. I like the design, looks good. Threshold eups are there now also.

18. I still have not received the 20 and 40K ecerts nor double AE miles in my account.