AC age minimum

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by byroncheng, Mar 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. byroncheng
    Original Member

byroncheng Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've got a buddy who's on a business award YYZ-SFO (or something like that), but he's not 18 yet. Will he be able to access the lounge when travelling alone? Was able to find information saying under 18s are allowed in the club, but unaccompanied?

2. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Can you clarify how he's accessing, because a business class ticket from Canada to the US doesn't qualify for lounge access.

With that in mind, he's either an Admiral's Club member already so clearly not a problem to get in, a OW elite on an airline other then AA, or was going to buy a one-day pass. Does the one-day pass have any information pertaining to age limits? I'm overseas and anything I look up on AA.com comes up in Spanish!

I see underaged individuals in the lounge all the time, I doubt it would be an issue.

3. Westsox
    Original Member

Westsox Gold Member

Status Points:
    Last summer my son, age 19, was denied entry into the Admiral's Club @ DFW. Desk agent stated he could not be admitted because he was under 21 and unaccompanied by an adult. I had given him a day pass because he had a lengthy layover.

4. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Still overseas but finally getting the English language version of AA's website so I can research the question I asked above, since it relates to your comment here. Seems your son was denied access improperly. AA's first line in the "Terms and Conditions" for an Admiral's Club day pass states:

"Eligible for purchase and use by any American Airlines customer 18 years of age or older."

Perhaps this was not the case last summer though?

5. Westsox
    Original Member

Westsox Gold Member

Status Points:
    Since I was not with him, I was on a plane to a different location, I later told him that is the way it works sometimes, YMMV. I had warned him beforehand that they may not let him in the Club, so be prepared to have to sit with the common travelers at the gate.

6. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I'd have armed him with a copy of the rules!

Even thought I have lounge access and have a membership, I still take time to wander the terminal and sit at the gate. It's not nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be. I like the excitement and chaos.

Tenmoc likes this.
  7. Tenmoc
    Original Member

Tenmoc Gold Member

Status Points:
    Also with so many clubs in DFW, I would have suggested if you get turned down at one, try another.

8. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's good advice.

9. byroncheng
    Original Member

byroncheng Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the comments, friends, will let him know what to expect!