AC a major participant in the SMD5

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by Canadi>n, May 12, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    AC has finally dived into the SMD waters and is hosting tours of its facilities at YYZ as part of the just announced SMD5. AC will also be providing the charter, an A321. AC participated in the SMD3 in Montreal with a reception and gifting of participants with the same 777 model that it gives its MMers. It also for the first time agreed to give SMs for the event (previously limited to UA and LH programs).

Event is based in Toronto and will fly to Tucson and San Francisco this year. Tours include the new Rimowa luggage factory in Guelph and AC facilities at YYZ, a USAF base in the desert, and a hanger bash at UA's SFO base.

Check out the full SMD5 thread in the Community section.

2. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    AC did an great job in YUL when they hosted the reception. The prize of a pair of seats anywhere they fly was a nice touch and those model planes we got were amazing! Mine is proudly displayed on a mantle in my place.

here is the SMD5 link - http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/smd5-master-thread.62022/

seats are guaranteed to go quick (I think the 787 sold out in 10 minutes or something like that)
    With 20 Exec and 155 Econ seats (will be less depending on how many Tommy class - no middle seat in Econ - are sold).

guinnessxyz, YULtide and milchap like this.
  3. Now that you've ditched AC for AA do you think AC will invite you