AC 844 - YYC - FRA - May 27

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by LAman, May 27, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. This is a new one for me. While we were pushing back tonight, the driver apparently turned too soon and the A330 hit the passenger bridge, putting a gash in the side. Currently sitting in the lounge waiting for a replacement A/C and crew to arrive. Scheduled departure is now 1:00 AM, 7 hours late. Lots of missed connections now, including mine. Thank goodness for the concierges. Back to driving school for the driver.

East_Yorker likes this.
  2. janyyc
    Original Member

janyyc Silver Member

Status Points:
    Shucks that I didn't check MP that day - was in the YYC MLL too... :(

East_Yorker likes this.
  3. Sorry we missed each other too. FRA flight finally left sometime between 1 AM and 1:30 AM. Not too many people ate dinner in J. Concierges were great as usual. When we landed in FRA, I was paged and the concierge gave me my new boarding pass.

I spoke to one of the concierges in YYC yesterday after arriving from LHR. She told me that the damaged plane was at the hanger in YYC for a week. Costly mistake.

janyyc likes this.
  4. janyyc
    Original Member

janyyc Silver Member

Status Points:
    In the hanger... LOL!! :) (hangar)

5. :D Jet lag is obviously affecting my spelling (I do know how to spell hangar!)...only slept about 4 hours last night for some unknown reason after getting home from LHR yesterday. I don't usually have that problem. Should have had more wine.

janyyc likes this.
  6. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had something similar with KL a few years ago at AMS. Accidents happen unfortunately. Good to hear you were only 7 hours late- in the KL situation I was 24 hours late (they rebooked the next day). Great conceirge service to have your new BP waiting for you. The conceirge team at FRA are really great.

LAman likes this.
  7. You're quite right - accidents do happen. Some people were very upset at the gate. I wasn't happy it had happened (and I felt sorry for the driver), but my first objective when flying is to arrive safely and I was not going to complain when they said they had to bring another plane in from Vancouver. I don't want to be on a plane if there is any suggestion that it might not be fit to fly. On my 75 flights so far this year, the vast majority have been on time so I don't let the odd delay get under my skin. Stuff happens. And you're right, the concierges are excellent. I have nothing but good things to say about them. I don't call them often, but when I do, they have always been very helpful in sorting out problems. The crew on that flight was also excellent. The Captain said that they were very happy they were able to "rescue" us in Calgary and get us to Frankfurt.

TRAVELSIG likes this.