Above and Beyond Service

Discussion in 'National | Emerald Club' started by sophiegirl, Feb 12, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. sophiegirl
    Original Member

sophiegirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    Today I dropped a rather expensive (and sentimentally important) earring in my rental car. I couldn't locate it while I was driving, so thought I would do so once I arrived at the return center....and of course forgot. Remembered about one hour later........so returned to the airport, hoping the car had not already been turned around and re-rented.

A very pleasant young woman started making phone calls to "locate" the car. In each call, she would read off the make,model, and license number of the car. Here is the scenario she faced:
    1) call #1 to return center. Response: "that car has not been rented this week. oh, it was? well then it must be in the detail center".
    2) call # 2 to detail center. Response: "car was cleaned and sent to Enterprise airport location.
    3) call to Enterprise..."no, we don't have the car, it is in the detail center".
    4) call #3 to detail center...."what kind of car again? oh, sorry, that car went to Alamo"
    5) Alamo - "oh no, we told detail center we didn't need it."
    6) call #4 to detail center...."what car was it again? oh, sorry, we sent that car upstairs to you"
    7) no car in exec or regular lot.
    8) call #5 to detail center....."what car was it again? ummm, no, haven't seen that car"

This woman made 15 calls, and finally found the car in (you guessed it) the detail center. Who said there was no earring. She told them to drive the car upstairs, as she wanted to see for herself. Car came up, earring lying on the floor.

I am so grateful for the time and effort she took - National will be hearing about their great employee. The fact that she had to make 15 calls - ridiculous!

chestercat and travelingmore like this.
  2. 2soonold
    Original Member

2soonold Gold Member

Status Points:
    Haha! I recognise this as a true story. Thank you for posting this. Companies can't buy this kind of good public relations.

chestercat likes this.
  3. peteropny
    Original Member

peteropny Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I'm glad you got your earring back - I'll agree that the agent went above and beyond in this case.

4. Rich
    Original Member

Rich Silver Member

Status Points:
    I rented a car in PHL this week. I switched to National well after my last trip here, so I wondered what kind of service I'd get. I found Avis and Hertz surly at best.

I'm thrilled ot say National is not only friendly at PHL, but they handled a situation I had well. I chose a Beetle (I'd never driven one, now I have) and it was stalling on me when pulling into a parking space and I was concerned it would stall in worse places, so I returned it. They offered me a Camaro, but I wasn't fond of the view out the back and apologetically asked for something else. So they offered me a brand new 2011 Cadillac. For the price of a midsize. And I'm just a plain, old Emerald Aisle customer.

Fantastic.

cockpitvisit and 2soonold like this.
  5. 2soonold
    Original Member

2soonold Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes,sometimes they will offer you a much nicer car if your car is bad enough that you have to bring it back.[​IMG]

6. peteropny
    Original Member

peteropny Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    PHL often has some Luxury around but Luxury can't be booked - go figure.

7. rustyr
    Original Member

rustyr Active Member

Status Points:
    Detail center probably had one-three employees at most flying thru the cars cleaning so they could get them back in the fleet, all the while conversing with each other with music blaring from a boom box in background- I've personally seen that. Kudos to the agent for not giving up and- I'm speculating- recognize the possible above situation.