Able to catch an NHL game in Tampa at 1 PM before a 6 PM flight home?

Discussion in 'Other U.S. Destinations' started by tcook052, Dec 22, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. tcook052
    Original Member

tcook052 Silver Member

I'm walking off a Caribbean cruise ship in Tampa on 15th Jan. somewhere around 9 AM and since my DL flight home isn't until 6 PM was surfing looking for things to do and notice there's an NHL game on very close to where the ship docs.

Game time is 1 PM and games usually run around 4 hours with intermissions and pre-game ceremonies & anthems, etc which will take it to around 5 PM so can I make it from the St. Pete Times Forum channelside to the airport in time? I'd be taking a taxi. How early should I be for security on a Sun. late afternoon? Would an hour be enough assuming I've printed off my boarding pass and done OLCI. I plan on checking my luggage at a storage locker at the cruise ship terminal so would have to leave the arena and go and retrieve it before heading to the airport.

Just a thought as all I had planned on doing was visiting Hooters + the Florida Aquarium to pass the morning & afternoon but the timing of the game is definately convenient and ticket prices for not bad seats around USD$40 aren't bad and much cheaper than I could catch a game here in Edmonton. Anyone with any input on the timing would be appreciated. :)