ability to read most recent post first?

Discussion in 'Feedback/Support/Suggestions' started by estnet, Oct 4, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    Does this already exist and am I missing it? If not it would be a VERY useful option.

Now I have to open the thread, wait for it to load then "go to first unread" then wait for it to load again (yes I have a very slow connection much of the time).

Gargoyle likes this.
  2. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Click the time of the most recent post under the handle of the person who made that post, it will take you to the latest/last post in the thread.

Graphic below shows where to click?

most recent post.jpg

3. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks I'll give that a try, but I'd still prefer to have the choice of read "up" or "down"

4. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Reading down. Click on the blue dot to the left of the thread title. It will take you to the first unread. Will that help?

(Posted from my milepoint enabled iPhone)

5. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's a green bar on mine that says "go to first unread" - which might be fine if my internet wasn't as slow as dialup:( It can be excruciatingly slow for me.

6. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    The blue dot is outside of the actual thread - in the thread list. You do not need to enter the thread and then click on the green bar ... if you click on the blue dot before you enter the thread you will be taken to the first unread ... one less step. Maybe it will help? Or maybe I am still not understanding :confused:

10-6-2012 10-15-44 PM.jpg

7. Drobik

Drobik Gold Member

Status Points:
    I believe that clicking on the thread title there will have the same result as clicking the blue dot, for those of us with less accuracy :)

bobsgt and ACMM like this.
  8. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think you are 100% correct - in fact I am not sure how you click to get to the first post in the thread ... still :confused:

9. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    Okay, now I've found the blue dot:D

It seems that if I click on a thread title that I haven't read it goes to the first note, but if I've read the thread sometimes I am taken to where I left off and sometimes I am not. so if there is a long thread I haven't read the blue dot will be VERY useful - thanks.

10. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    I always use the blue dot :) As Drobik mentioned it appears that clicking on the thread title should do the same but I have always used the blue dot ... glad it helped :)