Aah, Irrops...

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Mike Reed, Jun 13, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    1) Originally scheduled SJC-SEA-ORD-AUS tonight/tomorrow (Wed/Thu). ORD-AUS cancelled mid-day today (thanks TripIt for the alert!).

2) Called EXP desk, rebooked SJC-SEA-ORD-DFW-AUS. 3 hours before SJC-SEA (AS), it delays to the point of an impending misconnect in SEA.

3) Called EXP desk, rebooked (and currently traveling) on SJC-LAX-DFW-AUS.

Requirement (for work) was that I get home to Austin by noon tomorrow.

Will definitely be asking for ORC, and may ask for a replacement SWU since the EXP agent advised I should probably burn a SWU to secure the upgrade on LAX-DFW (the overnight flight) to sleep a bit more comfortably (SJC-LAX also cleared and I'm waitlisted DFW-AUS)... especially since SEA-ORD-AUS had already cleared standard EXP upgrades before all this mess happened.

At least I'm getting to spend four hours in the LAX club tail-watching... and will get to shower at the DFW clubs in the morning before heading home, unpacking/repacking and driving to Houston (no, I couldn't just fly there - need to pick things up and switch vehicles).

Apparently this is caused by the windstorms moving across the country.

karung99 likes this.
  2. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sounds complicated and potentially frustrating. Here's hoping all the flights go as planned. :)

karung99 and Counsellor like this.
  3. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    In 2B on the LAX-DFW now. Looking forward to a nap and then a nice shower with breakfast at DFW. The new A terminal options are FANTASTIC... and the A club has the best showers in the system. Things work out!

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

4. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Be happy you're not traveling back east today. I see quite a few thunderstorm delays and ground stops. Someone on a 4 segment trip back there today would probably be enjoying a lot of ground time.Nice to be out west where we avoid a lot of that stuff.
    http://www.fly.faa.gov/flyfaa/usmap.jsp

garyst16 likes this.