AAdvantage Shopping Mall Question

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by waterloomarc, Jan 3, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. waterloomarc

waterloomarc Active Member

Status Points:
    Hi everybody,

I'm just starting out on this whole FF journey, I've been lurking for a while and just recently joined. I hope this is the right forum for my first question and my apologies if it isn't.

How many people take advantage of the AA shopping mall, and how long does it take for your purchases to show up? I made a purchase at Petco for 6 milles per $ back in the first week of December (made sure I was signed in and clicked through the site) and it is still not even showing up as a pending transaction. I'm talking on the shopping mall site, not even actually being posted to AA account. Is this normal? I'd like to make some more purchases but if I'm not going to get the miles for them I can just get them from Amazon and have them in 2 days.

Is this a worthwhile thing to use or is it just a big hassle to keep up with your purchase and how many miles they owe you and such?

Thanks for the help!

Marc

miles and smiles and JohnDeere19 like this.
  2. nAAshville

nAAshville Member

Status Points:
    I'm beginning to become suspicious of the accuracy of the AAdvantage eShopping Mall site. I routinely make purchases through this site, but find it a pain to keep up with receipts to ensure proper credit. On 11/05/2011, I made a simple $25 purchase from Skype (750 AA miles) which posted 11/30/2011. On 12/08/2011, the 750 posted miles were debited from my AAdvantage account; the debit transaction also is posted on my eShopping site account statement. I have found it very cumbersome to communicate via the "Contact Us" section (which I can only be find reading through the FAQ's). To date, I have only received one e-mail related to my inquiry on this particular transaction, with no resolution. I cannot find a customer service phone number for inquiries related to eShopping transactions. Another purchase in 2011 through the site never posted, even after repeated attempts to inquire via the "Contact Us" link.

I made about 10 purchases through the site during the Holidays; none currently show as pending transactions. If this trend continues and I do not realize mileage accrual, I will stop using the site and make a formal complaint to AAdvantage management.

I, too, have been curious to other members use of the eShopping site, so I appreciate this thread being started.

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  3. Philphactor
    Original Member

Philphactor Silver Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP!

I regularly use the AAdvantage Shopping mall, have had only one issue, and that was due to my error because I forgot to register the credit card on the site. Are you able to verify the card you used for the purchase is registered on the site? Once logged in, click on the MyAccount link in the upper right hand corner, then select the Registered Cards tab to verify.

It can take up to 6 weeks for miles to post, however, most of my transactions are displayed as pending within 2-3 business days.

Edited to add: All of my gift purchases in early December posted at the end of last week.

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  4. waterloomarc

Status Points:
    Yes I double checked that the card is registered. The miles from that statement cycle have already posted to my AA account too! I guess I'll try sending them an email tomorrow. It's frustrating because this should be a pretty immediate thing, it's not like there's a little man in Asia sending in my information by morse code. It's all computerized for goodness sake.

miles and smiles and JohnDeere19 like this.
  5. AmericanAirlines

AmericanAirlines Official Representative

Status Points:
    Hi waterloomarc - it sounds like it could just be a matter of time before those miles show up, since it can take 6-8 weeks for miles to post sometimes. That said, can you please send us a PM with all relevant transaction details? We'll see if we can uncover any additional details on this transaction for you.

Philphactor and JohnDeere19 like this.
  6. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I sometimes see discrepancies. I've mainly had issues with groupon posting correctly in the past. You can email customer service after 45 days through the following link with the following information.

• Merchant Name
    • Purchase Date
    • Purchase Amount
    • Order or Confirmation Number
    • Any additional information that may be helpful

https://www.aadvantageeshopping.com/contact-us.aspx

7. tondoleo
    Original Member

tondoleo Gold Member

Status Points:
    My issues have been with Home Depot. Twice the points did not post. Nor did the mall respond to my inquiries.

8. waterloomarc

Status Points:
    Sorry just getting back to this thread and thanks for all the responses. It seems I was premature in this post because the transaction is now showing as "pending". I can wait from here to post fully, I was just nervous with no record of it anywhere.

Thanks again!

miles and smiles likes this.