AAdvantage Shopping is so frustrating!!!!

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by PAinNY, Mar 10, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. PAinNY
    Original Member

PAinNY Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am so fed up with aavantage shopping. I know once I see miles pending that it is a good sign (even though they take forever to post) but it's so frustrating NOT seeing the miles pending. 80% of my shopping goes in limbo. I clear the cache, I clear the cookies, make sure aadvantage is the only site open and it still screws me 80% of the time. I have the dumb toolbar downloaded and still don't see pending miles for Jan or Feb - anyone else have this problem.
    Emails back and forth, copies of the invoices etc sent in and then nothing. Does anyone have Jan or Feb toolbar miles pending yet? Not to mention I never got the 500 for downloading the toolbar.
    Thanks for any help and also thanks for letting me vent:)
    Pat

jbcarioca likes this.
  2. airoli
    Original Member

airoli Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm surprised to hear that. Of all the affiliate markets I use, the AA one actually works best. All of my purchases, as well as the 500 miles for the toolbar and the ongoing miles for the searches with it, do post nicely. Yes, id toes take a very long time until they go from "pending" to "confirmed" but they eventually do.

I am using Firefox 3.6. with the toolbar and manually accept affiliate tracking cookies.

neuatomic likes this.
  3. PAinNY
    Original Member

PAinNY Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank you airoli, I am using IE - maybe that's the problem. Do you Jan miles show pending yet for using the toolbar?
    Pat

jbcarioca likes this.
  4. syphlix
    Original Member

syphlix Silver Member

Status Points:
    hrm

is there a code or something to get the 500 for downloading the toolbar?

thanks for letting me know about this btw... i didn't realize there was a way to see your bonus miles actually post...

5. PAinNY
    Original Member

PAinNY Silver Member

Status Points:
    Believe it or not - all my complaining helped. I just got an email from AAdvantage saying they are looking into some of my purchases that are missing (not all of them ..but it's a start) lol -

Syphlix - if you log on to your aadvange shopping page and go to "my account" it will show what miles are pending or posted.
    Pat

jbcarioca, syphlix and noel like this.
  6. syphlix
    Original Member

syphlix Silver Member

Status Points:
    thanks pat!

7. airoli
    Original Member

airoli Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just checked, January miles show as confirmed and February as pending.

8. Westsox
    Original Member

Westsox Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have always eventually received my miles from the shopping portal. I believe some of the delay is related to the companies from which the purchases are made being slow to notify AA of transactions.

2soonold likes this.
  9. ahow628
    Original Member

ahow628 Silver Member

Status Points:
    The only retailer I've had issues with is FTD. One took weeks to even be pending and the other hasn't posted and the purchase was 12/30/2010. I reported it but the investigation is supposed to take up to 90 days or something.

My favorite place to shop is endless.com - high miles and they post pretty quick.

2soonold and PAinNY like this.
  10. PAinNY
    Original Member

PAinNY Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree with Endless - got the points so fast!! Estee Lauder, Chico's and others give me problems.
    Pat

jbcarioca likes this.
  11. sun
    Original Member

sun Silver Member

Status Points:
    To avoid issues with cookies and so on, I use a separate FF profile which is set to trash all history and cookies upon closing. I have never had problems getting miles/cash/points.

PAinNY likes this.
  12. PAinNY
    Original Member

PAinNY Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's a good idea Sun - thanks
    Pat

jbcarioca likes this.