AAdvantage(R) Program - Celebrate 30 Years With 30 Days Of Prizes, Sweeps And Deals

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by miamigrad, Apr 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. miamigrad
    Original Member

miamigrad Silver Member

Status Points:
    I picked this up on FT (with appropriate credit to member LRD there)

Award: Enter daily to win 30,000 AAdvantage miles and check the daily deals

Dates: April 18 - May 27, 2011

Offer: To thank AAdvantage members for 30 great years, we've lined up 30 incredible deals and a chance to win 30,000 miles every weekday from April 18th through May 27th.

With amazing prizes, huge discounts and whopping bonus miles offers, you won't want to miss a single deal! Check out today's deal and enter for a chance to win 30,000 miles right now!

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Void outside of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico or where prohibited by law. Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico who are 18 years or older. There is a limit of a total of forty (40) entries per AAdvantage member. Employees, retirees and agents of Sponsor, Administrator and affiliates, agencies, distributors, wholesalers and retailers, and members of such employees' and agents' immediate families and individuals living in the same household with such employees or agents, are not eligible to enter or win a Prize. Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 a.m. CDT on 04/18/2011 and all entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. CDT on 05/27/2011. Thirty (30) winners will each receive thirty thousand (30,000) American Airlines AAdvantage® miles. Each Prize has an approximate retail value of $597. Odds of winning depend upon number of entrants. Participation is subject to complete Official Rules, by which all entrants are bound, available at www.aa.com/aadvantage30th. Entrants release all parties from all claims/liability arising from this Sweepstakes or acceptance/use of any prize. Sponsor: American Airlines, Inc., 4333 Amon Carter Blvd., Ft. Worth, Texas 76155.

http://www.aa.com/viewPromotionDetails.do?repositoryId=16146845

2. smokescreen
    Original Member

smokescreen Silver Member

Status Points:
  3. sukn
    Original Member

sukn Silver Member

Status Points:
    This appears to be the order of the promotions based on the scrollbar at the bottom of "Today's Deal" section:

April 18 AAdvantage
    April 19 Avis
    April 20 AAdvantage
    April 21 AAdvantage
    April 22 AAdvantage
    April 25 AAdvantage
    April 26 Dollar
    April 27 American Cellars
    April 28 AA.com
    April 29 Energy Plus
    May 2 1-800-Flowers
    May 3 AAdvantage eShopping
    May 4 AA Vacations
    May 5 Starwood
    May 6 Hertz
    May 9 American Airlines
    May 10 Citi
    May 11 Fairmont
    May 12 Admirals Club
    May 13 Netflix
    May 16 Lending Tree
    May 17 Radisson
    May 18 AAdvantage Dining
    May 19 AAdvantage
    May 20 LifeLock
    May 23 La Quinta
    May 24 Buy AAmiles
    May 25 ????
    May 26 Alamo
    May 27 Days Inn

Perhaps something extra special is planned for May 25th?

4. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I was just typing this up for the sticky. Hopefully you don't mind if I hijack it! ;)

5. sukn
    Original Member

sukn Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not at all. :)

6. Wurm
    Original Member

Wurm Silver Member

Status Points:
    I went to the page and "registered", however, nothing indicates that a successful registration was made. In addition, no confirmation e-mail has been sent as of yet.

I hope that this is just a short delay in sending the confirmation; otherwise, I fear that the AAdvantage phone lines are going to get flooded with people asking "am I actually registered"?

7. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Same thing for me, I "registered" but didn't immediately click through to book any flights. I was left wondering if I actually registered or not.

8. SST
    Original Member

SST Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is maddening. Why have a promotion if you aren't going to ballyhoo participation? Giving no indication, and no confirmation email, is just plain stupid. If a promotion is worth offering, it's worth making darned sure that AA gets FULL credit for it, and the targets don't start wondering whether they've been had....

EDITED TO ADD: They have put a new line on the "signup" for the bonus:

"Use Promo Code ADV30 to earn 500 bonus miles". While this is helpful, why not just have us register for it, as with all their other promos? I probably will have to dig into milepoint and search myself when I'm on the road, now, to make sure I use the right code.....

9. horseguy

horseguy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Agreed, I have no idea if I am registered or not.

YULtide likes this.
  10. Horse
    Original Member

Horse Gold Member

Status Points:
    Where do we enter that promo code?

11. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    That promo code is for new AAdvantage accounts, it's not for the Day 1 deal. When you click the link to open a new account from the promo page there's an area for the code.

Horse likes this.
  12. sukn
    Original Member

sukn Silver Member

Status Points:
    AmericanAirlines just posted the following on FT:

Hi folks, just to clarify- the promotion code ADV30 is for new AAdvantage enrollments (for 500 bonus miles) and is separate from any promo codes for the daily deals. It is valid for new enrollments made through May 27th. A promo code is not needed for the Day 1 offer. Registration for this one is completed by entering a valid AAdvantage number and clicking ‘Get Deal.’ The landing page has been updated to include a confirmation message. Please let us know if you have any additional questions!

Horse likes this.