AAdvantage eshopping - earn up to 1,000 bonus miles

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by JohnDeere19, Nov 10, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    [​IMG]

https://www.aadvantageeshopping.com/Holiday2011_NotOptedIn.aspx

Promotional Terms and Conditions
    * You must opt in on this page in order to earn the 500 or 1,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles. This is a one-time bonus awarded based on cumulative amount spent with participating online AAdvantage eShoppingSM retailers between 11/10/2011 and 12/31/2011. You will be awarded one time based on the highest online spend threshold you qualify for: 500 AAdvantage® bonus miles for spending between $500 and $999.99, and 1,000 AAdvantage bonus miles for spending $1,000 or more. Your AAdvantage eShoppingSM account must be open and set to receive special offer emails at the time of the awarding of AAdvantage® bonus miles in order to receive the spend bonus. AAdvantage® bonus miles will be posted by AAdvantage eShoppingSM to the member's AAdvantage® account within 8 to 10 weeks after 12/31/2011.
    The double mile offer is only valid with select online merchants. Qualifying AAdvantage eShoppingSM purchases will accrue AAdvantage® miles per the terms and conditions set by each particular merchant. Members should read each mileage offer carefully as certain exclusions may apply. AAdvantage miles are awarded as reported by the applicable merchant ("Merchant") to American Airlines or Cartera Commerce, and certain exclusions may apply. Online purchase awards only valid when you make a qualifying purchase via a valid link on www.aadvantageeshopping.com.
    Please read our full terms and conditions carefully before shopping. Please refrain from the use of any promotional code or coupon not listed on the AAdvantage eShoppingSM site as it will negate the indicated reward. Orders placed through another loyalty program or search engine are not eligible for reward.
    American Airlines reserves the right to change the AAdvantage program and its terms and conditions at any time without notice, and to end the AAdvantage program with six months notice. Any such changes may affect your ability to use the awards or mileage credits that you have accumulated. Unless specified, AAdvantage miles earned through this promotion/offer do not count towards elite status qualification. American Airlines is not responsible for products or services offered by other participating companies. For complete details about the AAdvantage program, visit www.aa.com/aadvantage.
    AAdvantage and AAdvantage eShopping are marks of American Airlines, Inc.

2. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Pretty BLAH promotion if this is all they have for the holidays...

PointHoarder, Horse, viguera and 2 others like this.
  3. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Indeed.

Granted, you could do some damage with some of their retailers and get quite a few miles for $1k spend, but I'd rather have seem them offer some kind of multiplier for every purchase rather than a preset 500/1k miles.

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  4. sun
    Original Member

sun Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have had to fight for every single bonus with Cartera Commerce which seems to be running the shopping mall for AA, UA and DL. You will have to wait 4-6 months after the promo ends and you might see the miles. Don't bother shifting your spending to the AA mall unless the usual earning rate is the best you can find.

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  5. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Month of Miles fiasco comes to mind.

6. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    The AA e-shopping mall is a mess I'll never understand. You basically buy something through it, wait a few weeks for it in "PENDING" state, then they eventually post, then later -- sometimes much later -- stuff actually posts to your AA account.

I had a purchase from 7/26 that posted at the end of September. I guess they stretch that "6-8 weeks" to the max. :)

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  7. msv
    Original Member

msv Gold Member

Status Points:
    My miles finally posted a week ago from a January purchase!

2soonold, viguera and JohnDeere19 like this.
  8. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Damn. :)

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  9. jfhscott
    Original Member

jfhscott Silver Member

Status Points:
    If I interpret the T & C's correctly, the number of qualifying merchants is tremendously small. I ain't jumpin' thru hopps for this one.

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  10. icurhere2
    Original Member

icurhere2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    While it's not a great promo (and I won't partake), there are two clear parts. The 500/1000 is described multiple times as for any online merchant - the double miles are for selected merchants.

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  11. PointHoarder
    Original Member

PointHoarder Silver Member

Status Points:
    What a yawner of a promo!

If they post at all. I've had at least one purchase never post.
    Filed an investigation request and never heard so much of a peep back from them! :rolleyes:

JohnDeere19 likes this.