AAdvantage Credit When Not Flying Actual Route

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Captain Oveur, Oct 25, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Captain Oveur Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm a UA defector still getting used to the AA rules/paradigm, so pardon the n00b question.

I have an itinerary next week that could potentially be affected by next week's Nor'easter. If I get proactively re-routed because of that, is AAdvatange good on giving credit, upon request, of the original routing credit?

zpaul and marcwint55 like this.
  2. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've had success ... first time when tornadoes hit DFW and recently with the flight reductions.

You should PM AA here and inquiry though

zpaul and marcwint55 like this.
  3. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    they are usually very cooperative. if no success the first time, just call back again.

zpaul likes this.
  4. zpaul

zpaul Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've heard of a lot of people here and on FT who have had success requesting Original Routing Credit. If nothing has changed drastically, it shouldn't be a problem.

Good luck with the weather!

marcwint55 likes this.
  5. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the replies!

marcwint55 likes this.
  6. DCtrAAveler
    Original Member

DCtrAAveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    Haven't had to use it much, but was successful earlier this year after a cancellation and re-accommodation on another carrier for one leg. Was able to get ORC for that final piece of the trip.

marcwint55 likes this.
  7. Smilee
    Original Member

Smilee Silver Member

Status Points:
    Who do you call?

A 5 hour mechanical delay to Madrid this August and I of course misconect on Iberia so no credit on the Iberia flight I took. I called AA and they said they could see my ticket, should be no problem and to fax receipt of my ticket and my boarding pass. I sent them the fax and they emailed back saying they want me to fax the boarding pass again and a copy of the receipt. I did and that again and they send a generic email back again saying they want a copy of my receipt and boarding pass. Urgh. Is there someone I can contact?

8. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    AA monitors these forums so it's likely they'll see this soon and may reach out to offer to assist.

9. Aktchi
    Original Member

Aktchi Silver Member

Status Points:
    They have been good in my experience. I try to be good to them in return: I'd wait a few days and call only after the current crisis is over. If they have proactively given me some compensation, then I'd re-evaluate whether to make the ORC request or skip it.

10. AmericanAirlines

AmericanAirlines Official Representative

Status Points:
    Hello! Can you please PM us with your AAdvantage number so we can look into this? Thanks!

11. Smilee
    Original Member

Smilee Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, I PM'ed you and you took care of it right away. Thank you very much. I hope it is alright if in the future if I have a flight that doesn't post I can PM you again?

Cheers smilee

12. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    A few months ago I had my original routing redone (invol) due to a hurricane headed for MIA. I emailed my ticket number, locator and original flight routing to the ExecPlat desk and within a couple of days had my account adjusted to reflect the 500 or so miles variance. All flights were AA or AAEagle.

13. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I'm kind of disappointed in AA right now. I sent in my request last Monday, the 4th. I faxed in the information, they e-mailed me back with a request for more information (some of the information I already provided in the original fax), I sent it in last week, and I have yet to see any adjustment.

They were quick to credit me on missing flight credit before, but this is taking longer than I expected.

14. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Denied.

I am stunned, especially how this is they respond for an EXP.

15. malikguy

malikguy Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't know how much you have already pushed, but I know the squeaky wheel always gets greased. Call back and speak to another supervisor. All you need is someone to take your call that understands your concerns and has the desire to help. Don't give up!

16. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    What was the basis for the denial? Also, what exactly happened with your ticket. It's a bit vague and hard to tell what exactly is going on to see why AA might have denied, or why you might be able to ask again.

edekba and malikguy like this.
  17. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Status Points:

Here's the main part of the e-mail they sent:

My original itinerary was an exaggerated one, built specifically for extra miles to help me re-qualify for EXP. I pro-actively changed the itinerary due to Sandy. Same for the return, as it had a connection through JFK back to the west coast.