AAdvantage Auction

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by rangersfan, Mar 10, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Looks like AA has launched their own auction website similar to SPGMoments.com and the other bid-for-experiences websites. Here's a link: http://www.aadvantageauction.com/

I've never bid on anything on the SPG website, but do like to check it out to see if there's anything I'd like to bid on. I will be keeping a watch on this new site from AA to see what they have to offer.

perryplatypus, jhflau11 and sobore like this.
  2. ahow628
    Original Member

ahow628 Silver Member

Status Points:
    It would be nice to be able to filter the SPG and AA auction sites by location. Like an "Auctions near you" option.

3. jhflau11
    Original Member

jhflau11 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks! Signed up.

4. swag
    Original Member

swag Silver Member

Status Points:
    I can't imagine there will be any bargains to be had. Maybe if you have a kazillion miles to burn, it'd be worth it, but I expect the final winning bids to be quite high.

Sweet Willie and Mapsmith like this.
  5. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Meh. As swag said, not gonna be any bargains. And usually on auctions like this, the winning bid is something stupid by someone who either has waaaay too many miles or doesn't know the value of a mile.

Sweet Willie likes this.
  6. lichenlt
    Original Member

lichenlt Silver Member

Status Points:
    for one of the current auction "Derby Day Getaway (1 of 3): 2011 Kentucky Derby®

the current bid is 451,000 miles, are you kidding me??????

who would spend 450k miles for a two-day three nights getaway?????

AtomicGardener and noel like this.
  7. It's a lot more than a 3 night getaway...looks like it includes a lot of extras, including a special dinner with AA execs, brunch hosted by Guy Fieri and a lot more. Not my thing, but I could easily see this going for 500-600k miles, especially to someone who has miles in their account to burn.

Sweet Willie likes this.
  8. JayBee
    Original Member

JayBee Silver Member

Status Points:
    It would be interesting to see a listing of past winning bids from these miles/points auctions. I can't imagine anyone ever gets a good rate of return unless it is something truly unique and you have more miles than you know what to do with.

9. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Eloy Fonseca Neto Silver Member

Status Points:
    OMFG!!! What the hell is that??? Let's put some bidding options for real!!! AA is getting lazy on us!!!

10. _kurt
    Original Member

_kurt Silver Member

Status Points:
    There's an interesting auction running now. It might be of interest to those who missed out on OWMD, or who just didn't get enough sim time.

Auction #1 (current bid 56K miles)
    Auction #2 (current bid 58K miles)

11. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    also if it got one a ticket(s) to the best seats in the granstand, I've read that some grandstand tickets are the most expensive in all of sports.

Having gone to the infield many many times, I would never spend the miles for the KY Derby experience but to someone who has lots of miles & doesn't understand the value like MP members do (we all know there are plenty of people who fall into this category), perhaps this is of value to them.

Mapsmith likes this.