AAdvantage access w/ Apple computers is problematic for me

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by elles88, May 3, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Why arent AAvantage programs accessible from a MAC??? Millions of people have Apple compouters... Interesting if I want to BUY a ticket, American airlines permits me to do it with a MAC... I just cant access anything else....

Cholula likes this.
  2. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Hi elles88, welcome to Milepoint! :)

What programs are you unable to access? I'm an AA customer myself and use Mac products to access everything and haven't struggled at all.

3. use a different browser.

4. boxedlunch
    Original Member

boxedlunch Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'd be willing to help you troubleshoot if you post some additional information about what kind of Mac you are having trouble with...hardware, MacOS version, browser version, etc.

I use a Macbook Pro (2010) and have experienced no problems accessing AA.com or its embedded pages with numerous browsers (Safari, Firefox, Chrome).

5. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    I haven't had problems accessing AAdvantage using mac's either from my phone, my iPad or my MB Air. I'm thinking (and you are like me, asking the same question ...) that you are referring to the fact that the eShopping toolbar plugin for the AAdvantage program is only available for Firefox and Internet Explorer. It just so happens that the president of the company that provides that toolbar for AAdvantage is a fan of milepoint and I saw him this weekend. Let me get an answer for you as to if and when there are plans for a Mac/Safari toolbar.

Good question and welcome.

DestinationDavid likes this.
  6. KENNECTED
    Original Member

KENNECTED Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have a mac and have had no problems.

Have you tried clearing your cache? Or as suggested earlier using Firefox or Chrome.

7. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    I talked w/ the President of the company that provides the browser plug-ins for the AAdvantage shopping toolbar and the only reason they do not offer a version for Safari for the Mac is that Safari does not support browser plug-ins. As noted, using Firefox with your Mac should alleviate any problems.