AAdmirals Club LAX 1/8/2012

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by garyst16, Jan 8, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sitting in the AC and can quite honestly say I have never seen it this packed! Just about every seat is taken with travelers...maybe due to the TEQM?

As for the WiFi speed, it is currently at 75mbps....I've seen better, but not too bad.

Today's flight is for business to SLC, so only a DEQM for me! But hey, all EQMs are welcome!

2. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Before the Qantas flights depart in the PM that place is always packed. My only compliant is that the staff sometimes takes a while to clean up the amazing amount of trash left lying around.

garyst16 likes this.
  3. gemac
    Original Member

gemac Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've seen it several times where it was difficult to get a seat.

4. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    First time for me that I've seen it this packed...although I am usually there very early in the morning...

5. gemac
    Original Member

gemac Silver Member

Status Points:
    Early in the morning is rarely that busy. When I am there early in the morning, I am coming from one of the nearby airport hotels. A lot of people have a substantial drive to get there, and traffic in LA can be surprisingly heavy even very early in the morning.

I am also there frequently around noon, and around 3 PM. The afternoon seems to me to be the busiest.

garyst16 likes this.
  6. Infinite1K
    Original Member

Infinite1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    75mbps? Or 75kbps. I'd kill for 75mbps on a wired connection, never mind wireless ;)

7. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Mbps. I am sitting in my hotel room in SLC working wireless and only have 54Mbps. I guess I am used to my wireless connection at home which is consistently over 100Mbps

8. kansaskeith

kansaskeith Gold Member

Status Points:
    DFW/D was pretty loaded with folks yesterday afternoon, Saturday the 7th. Won't say I couldn't get a seat, but still very crowded. Most folks I saw had those little bluish tickets which got them high-end liquor without charge and tells me they were traveling premium-class internationally. From what I could pick up mainly LHR and to a certain extent EZE. I suppose maybe DEQM was part of it, though I doubt the only part.

9. kansaskeith

kansaskeith Gold Member

Status Points:
    With apologies to the Texas roadsign slogan, "Hey Aussies: Don't Trash AA!"

10. firstglobal

firstglobal Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's the speed at which you are connected to the hotel's wireless access point, which has little relevance to actual Internet speed. Try http://speedtest.net (or the equivalent mobile app by Ookla) to find out how much actual Internet bandwidth is available to you.

garyst16 and Infinite1K like this.
  11. DCtrAAveler
    Original Member

DCtrAAveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    Was there yesterday afternoon, too, and have to say it did seem busier than I've seen it in the past, although we were able to get a couple of seats near the window over in the "Quiet Zone" (where, of course, everyone was on their cell phones :rolleyes:). Interested to see what the crowd will be like next Monday.