AA1358/1351 on November 1 & 2

Discussion in 'Meetups' started by Efilon87, Sep 8, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Efilon87

Efilon87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Doing a MR with a same day return from LAX-BDL. Just seeing if anyone is going to be on those flights?

November 1 (Red-eye)-- AA1358
    November 2-- AA1351

~Efilon87

Sweet Willie likes this.
  2. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    As I'm new to MilePoint, and so I'm curious as to what is your QPR for a MR? In other words, what is the break-even (or better) value (in miles received per $ spent)that would convince you to buy airfare for a MR?
    BTW, I fly in/out of BDA quite a bit (on SWA). BDA is a one-horse airport :), and it's a far cry from the big international airports, regarding options/amenities, choices. There is a small USAirways lounge located right near the gates used for AA flights. Here's a link for the other services/amenities found at BDL:
    http://www.bradleyairport.com/Services/services.aspx
    One very nice thing about BDL is the free WiFi!
    A word of warning is, if you leave the TSA-secure area at BDL (perhaps not likely, given your flights), absolutely make sure ahead of time that you are TSA pre-check for your flight! I often find that the TSA lines at BDL are pretty SNAFU'd. The separate TSA lanes at BDL are marked "frequent flyers", "families with children", etc., but no one pays attention to these signs! While leaving the TSA secure area at BDL yesterday, I observed that the lines stretched out through half the airport, while a TSA guy was calling out the separate lane for TSA pre-check, and there was no one to get in this empty lane.
    Of course, I'm always wondering when will SWA get with the TSA pre-check program, but that's for another post ;~)

Sweet Willie likes this.
  3. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    doesn't always have to be about miles earned at X cost, a MR could be about achieving a higher tier of status if short for the year.

Newscience and Efilon87 like this.
  4. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sweet Willie likes this.