AA web booking quirks (need help)

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Distilledhighlife, Feb 29, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Distilledhighlife

Distilledhighlife New Member

Status Points:
    Hi Everyone,

Im looking to fly Royal Jordanian from JFK to AMM, and fly back AUH to JFK on Etihad. For some reason using the multicity I can't see Etihad and RJ options, but if I did seperate straight return tickets (ie JFK to AMM RTN), RJ is an option and same for AUH with Etihad. Is there a rule or something that means I can't book these or is this a web booking engine quirk? The reason Im using AA is I have a bunch of giftcards Id like to use. Plus for some reason its cheaper to book Etihad through AA than it is Etihad themselves (if anyone knows the reason for this that would be awesome).

Thank you!!!!

2. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Hey Distilledhighlife, welcome to MP!

I can get it to show up just fine when I did a few tests (see below). What are your dates?

ammauh.JPG

3. Distilledhighlife

Status Points:
    JFK to AMM on 10 May (AA 7200) , and AUH to JFK on 21 May (AA 6006). Trying to avoid the British Airways routes and have direct flights. Let me know what Im doing wrong

4. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    When doing the multi-city, under Option #2 "How Do You Want To Search", select the PRICE option then underneath use the drop down box to select NONE for the # of stops. :)

Results:

ammauh2.JPG

5. Distilledhighlife

Status Points:
    Hi DestinationDavid,

Fantastic, thank you for the help!

DestinationDavid likes this.
  6. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Eloy Fonseca Neto Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's just a pitty that AA doesn't allow us to combine class of service in multiple city via the website!