AA wants me to vote for them

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by estnet, Mar 4, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    I keep getting emails from AA asking me to vote for them but sadly they don't have the category I'd like to vote for:

"Program which has the most negative changes this year" :mad:

Seat6A, Dublin_rfk, Juanefny and 2 others like this.
  2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Everyone's asking for my vote. No one's given me a reason for bothering with it. Or a bribe at least.

Seat6A, Dublin_rfk and estnet like this.
  3. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    AA gave me Lifetime many years ago, I voted for them...

4. ahappyelite

ahappyelite Silver Member

Status Points:
    The category would be INDUSTRY THAT HAS MOST COMPREHENSIVELY HIJACKED OUR GOVERNMENT and this year’s winner (once again) would be Wall Street Hedge Funds and Private Equity, doing business as airlines.
    DOJ: Blessed the mergers and said they would benefit flyers

DOT: A toothless regulator that protects the airlines instead of pursuing them for making air travel worse every day (while the oil price craters)

TSA: Which is at the total beck and call of the industry, including providing fast access to high spenders and screwing over those who travel in economy or on discount airlines-this is not what democracy looks like

FAA: That allows the airlines to fly dangerously overcrowded planes where FA’s are exhausted from selling stuff for upwards of 2 hours on some flights (plus the obligatory one hour boarding as people avoid baggage fees) Hope you don’t need to use the rest room as the one and only aisle is blocked by safety employees forced to sell box lunches

FTC and Consumer Protection Board: Which allows the airlines to promote mileage bonus giveaways even as they have every intention of gutting the value of those points

Both Congressional parties have been incredibly silent in the face of the onslaught against air passengers

Juanefny likes this.
  5. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sadly, I found myself voting against programs this year rather than for them.

estnet likes this.
  6. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    They may have had the most changes but I still find them the most rewarding overall amongst the big 3. That doesn't make them tops on each specific category. A good example was a discussion I had with @gleff a couple of weeks ago where he suggested United had better award availability last year. I tend to agree.

brodyf likes this.
  7. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    They didn't let me to vote against AA, so I skipped altogether.

EDIT
    I, actually reconsidered and voted just so I could exclude AA from every single ballot.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
    estnet likes this.
  8. Juanefny

Juanefny Silver Member

Status Points:
    While they may have the most rewarding program among the big 3, it's not by much. I used to enthusiastically vote for them in the past. Now, I'll just sit on the sidelines.

Counsellor likes this.
  9. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    What a sad statement about the current state of North American airline programs:

Best Elite Program — American Airlines – AAdvantage

Seat6A and brodyf like this.
  10. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    Maybe the votes were from people like the American FA, who, when I was discussing travel said "you mean they increased the award mileage... I have a few hundred thousand miles!"
    This was last week!

I think some are in for a rude shock when they go to book an award, or look for their 8 swu's next year :(

Counsellor and KenInEscazu like this.
  11. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    Bingo. That must be it. Any who go looking for greener pastures, however, are going to be mostly disappointed.

We are currently in a sellers market. These things have a way of coming around, however, in ways that are difficult to predict. I just hope to see some improvements in direction before I get too old to enjoy them.

estnet likes this.
  12. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    Newspeak (with apologies to Orwell) "Best" => least worse

estnet likes this.
  13. Seat6A

Seat6A Silver Member

Status Points:
    Th lack of competition among airlines is sad.