AA using tmobile NOT gogo on some flights

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by estnet, Jun 25, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was looking forward to using my free gogo passes that came with the Tablet I recently bought. This was a especially going to be helpful since it was a 16 hour flight. Upon trying to connect I was directed to it sign on page operated by t-mobile and the signon was directed to AAconnect not go go.

This is very unfortunate for those of us who have either purchased Go Go passes or, as in my case, bought a tablet that came with free Go Go for a year. The flight attendants had no clue and I am not sure why this flight has a different wifi carrier than any other. In any case I wanted to warn people before they run into this and themselves.

Newscience likes this.
  2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    psollitt and Flyer1976 like this.
  3. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ah... I was wondering about that, but if I recall correctly I thought I saw that gogo worked over the Atlantic and some over the pacific. Wouldn't be surprised if my memory is not correct, though.
    Whoops, just checked again and gogo definitely says continental US, so I don't know where I did see the other coverage, oh well if it's too good to be true then it usually is:)

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014