AA Upgrade Cleared w/ Connections

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by malikguy, Dec 21, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. malikguy

malikguy Silver Member

Status Points:
    So I had requested upgrades for my flight tomorrow to MIA and my upgrades cleared for both segments, woohoo! But, something odd happened and I wanted to know if it was normal. The flight consists of two segments, DFW / MCO (AA1712) and MCO / MIA (AA1593). What's weird is that I did not receive an upgrade notification for my first segment, only for my second.

It almost looks as if my first segment was "purchased" as first class and I had never requested the upgrade using stickers and the second one shows as "confirmed" and the 1 required sticker. So, it's like I got a complimentary upgrade (I'm Gold, so not really possible) or the system is just not showing things correctly... thoughts anyone?

When I go to AA.com, I see the following:

upgrade.JPG

marcwint55 likes this.
  2. flyforawg

flyforawg Silver Member

Status Points:
    You're cleared for that segment and the sticker will be taken out after you fly. You have better chance as gold on the second leg as you go to the top of the gold list as a connecting passenger. Had something similar happen to me as a PLT for a second leg from DFW to STL. For such a short flight, you probably won't get fed, sadly.

marcwint55 and malikguy like this.
  3. malikguy

malikguy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Interesting, but I cleared on both segments...

cleared.JPG

Travelman and marcwint55 like this.
  4. flyforawg

flyforawg Silver Member

Status Points:
    You lucky devil.

Travelman, malikguy and marcwint55 like this.
  5. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Earlier this year I flew LAX to EZE. I requested upgrades with miles and money. On the outbound they took the miles but never collected any money, and on the return I was not charged miles or money.

AA had left a message on my voice mail regarding the upgrade on the return prior to flying, but since I didn't get the message until I returned, I never bothered to call back.

It seems that once in a while we get lucky.

Travelman, phuucnguyen and malikguy like this.
  6. malikguy

malikguy Silver Member

Status Points:
    I like that concept. :) I'll let everyone know what happens when I get back and if they do indeed fail to deduct the stickers or not. :D

Travelman and marcwint55 like this.
  7. anabolism
    Original Member

anabolism Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, you're booked in X so that makes me suspect it's just some weird glitch in the itinerary display when it said "n/a." Usually I only see "n/a" when I've either booked first or the flight is coach only, so it does seem weird.

marcwint55 and malikguy like this.
  8. malikguy

malikguy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hello and good morning from 10K. :)

anabolism and marcwint55 like this.
  9. flyforawg

flyforawg Silver Member

Status Points:
    Speaking of lucky devils...AA59 JFK-SFO for today purchased on 30-Nov-2012 as PLT cleared at T-72. And once these miles post (sans DEQM) will be EXP. Heck of a way to take the last ride as PLT.

anabolism, malikguy and John777 like this.
  10. malikguy

malikguy Silver Member

Status Points:
    So I'm back in Miami from my 8 day cruise on the Carnival Breeze! AA ended up charging me 3 stickers instead of 6. Weird eh?? Almost like it charged my wife but not me or vice versa. Merry belated Christmas and looking forward to the New Year!!