AA Social Media Team receives 2 nominations for 3rd Annual Simpliflying Awards

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by wfagundes, Aug 7, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. wfagundes

wfagundes Silver Member

Status Points:
    AA has been nominated for the 3rd Annual Simpliflying Awards in the following categories:

1. "Best Airline in Social Media"
    2. "Best Use of Social Media to Drive Customer Service".

It's very apparent to me the impact their Social Media team has had in the customer experience/service specially via Twitter and Facebook. I hope you join the recognition efforts with your vote. - They know why we fly!
    VOTE HERE

tommy777, uggboy and Quasiconvexity like this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Congrats!:)

wfagundes likes this.
  3. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    They are a small but dedicated team it appears, no surprise that they're nominated. I've met a few of them and they're very personable and seem dedicated to doing a good job. I was impressed.

Guess it shows since they're currently winning their categories by massive margins. Hope it goes well for them.

IPBrian likes this.
  4. anabolism
    Original Member

anabolism Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't use Twitter, and have scaled back my Facebook usage considerably (and now access it only via a dedicated browser for privacy segregation), so I have no experience with AA's Facebook or Twitter team.

Do they work for AA? IIRC, AA used to be represented in social media by a PR firm.

5. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I think at first it might have been only a PR firm, but now it's a mix of outside folks and some actual AA employees.

wfagundes likes this.
  6. Skye1
    Original Member

Skye1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    The ones I've met on this side of the Atlantic (UK) work for AA.

wfagundes likes this.
  7. JonNYC
    Original Member

JonNYC Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think that's definitely correct. That said, I personally strenuously disagree that, on the whole, they're doing a good job in this arena, but big YMMV on that one, needless to say.

ballardFlyer likes this.
  8. IPBrian

IPBrian Silver Member

Status Points:
    I tweet with moderate frequency to various brands...I have to say, the folks at AA have really done a good job at answering both good and bad tweets and have been given some decent authority to handle minor problems. They further have helped escalate another problem I had...they have, at least in my experience been a really helpful group and are far better than most of the other brands I have interacted with! Kudos AA for the foresight to jump into the social media world!

wfagundes likes this.
  9. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I certainly agree on some levels but also think it really depends on which avenue of social media you're looking at. Their Twitter presence is great and I think it shows that people are often impressed with that avenue. Their Facebook work is decent and even better in the EXP group. Their work on MP and FT has been less than what FFers would like to see for sure and has left many not impressed. It could be much stronger. They have accounts on other smaller sites like Pintrest, Instagram, etc. that aren't really all to active.

All in all, I'd say it's a pretty good presence compared to other airlines but does have work to do. It's still new for them and we will have to see if they continue to improve or start to stall out.

10. anabolism
    Original Member

anabolism Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not being a Twitter user, I've no experience, so can you share your AA status level and how you'd compare AA's response to tweets versus calling them or using the web form to contact customer relations?