AA Shopping Website

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Brendaevon, Oct 11, 2017.  |  Print Topic

1. Brendaevon

Brendaevon New Member

Status Points:
    Having a difficult time contacting the AA shopping customer service section in regards to a transaction I made via booking.com through the aa shopping website. Miles have not yet posted to my account although the timelines have passed.

I've used the website's contact form before and normally I would get a respond, however for this particular transaction of $1800.00+worth 6000+ miles/, it's has been a constant issue. During each occasion the correspondent would ramble off a set time (45-60 days/6-8 weeks) of when I should see the transaction post. Well now all of those timelines have passed and I still have not received credit for the purchase I made using the aa.shopping.com website and it's frustrating since I've already completed this purchase. I thought aa shopping was good program to learn miles but this transaction has been a nuisance. Does anyone know how to get a live customer service representative on the phone? Feel like I got scammed out of my a purchase. Word of advice, stay away from AA.Shopping.com especially for large purchases, you'll never see your miles post.

2. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have purchased several iPads and Macs via the Apple store never had a problem,

Save your screen shots, also check your account activity page to make sure it is posted,

Been using AA Shopping over 10 years, and have over 30k from the store this year.

Sorry to hear you are having a problem, you could call the Advantage line they may help you, or direct you to a phone Number

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  3. jrobau91

jrobau91 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would bet you used Chrome to make the purchases. It happened to me all of the time on large transactions. Had to fight with them to get my miles. Then I started using IE and it worked fine. Bottom line is if you don't see it post to the pending account in a day or so you have have a problem. I had to call Home Depot several times to get my miles. Some took 120 days or so, but no problems using IE versus Chrome. Hope that helps.

Counsellor likes this.
  4. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the tip, jrobau91, and welcome to InsideFlyer.